Chapter 52

Sage

"Hey babe" a voice broke my pity-party and I raised my head to see Sabrina peeping inside. She came and sat in front of me on the floor. "I heard voices. He is angry at you again" she asked concerned. I tried to control but failed at controlling my sobs. "Hey" she said hugging me. "I did something wrong Sabrina. I tried to kill him" I said amidst my sobs. "Hey, what are you saying?" She said breaking the hug. "Look at me Sage" she said cupping my cheeks. "You didn't do anything. You cannot do anything like this." "But I did" "No you didn't. Tell me what happened, hmm" she asked me and I told her everything.

"Its not your fault Sage." She said wiping my tears. "Look at me and listen to me carefully. This is not your fault. Okay. This is not your fault." She said adamantly. "You know him more than anyone. You should know it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for this" she said.

She gave me water helping me to catch my breath. "He was happy in the morning when we signed the annulment." She told. "You signed the annulment already?" I asked surprised. He did mention but didn't tell me that annulment is already closed. "Yeah he even took the appointment for your marriage registration tomorrow." She told me. "I told him no" I said "What? Why? Are you....tell me you are getting free from him" she said holding my hands and I shook my head. "Then why? If it is not for your freedom then why?" She asked bewildered. "I-I just wanted him choose me over what he is" I told her. "Oh Sage" she said with pity already knowing his answer. He would never choose me.

"You know what" she said wiping my tears. "Its my last night here. I am leaving tomorrow so why don't you stop sulking over here and come out and let's have some fun" she said pulling me up. "I-I am sorry Sabrina. I am just not in the mood" "Nope, I am not hearing this. C'mon I will go back to my home tomorrow. I want to have fun with my best friend. Even Rosa is up" she said and my brows furrowed. "Why? Why is Rosa awake. Look at the time. She should be sleeping by now" I said walking out of my room.

I wiped my tears and settled a bit before going to her to avoid her questions which I couldn't answer. I saw she was with Carlos and they were mixing some sort of batter and laughing.

"Rosa, why are you not asleep?" I said reaching them. "Carlos what is this, why have you kept her awake. Look at the time" "Signora I-" "No it's not his fault " Rosa cut him off before he could have given his excuse. "I want to stay up. See we are making chocolate cake" she said lifting her bowl."What chocolate cake? No you are not making anything" I said taking the bowl. "You are going to sleep. C'mon you must be tired" I said and she looked at me annoyed and snatched the bowl. "No" she said pouting.

I looked at Carlos and he shrugged. I sat beside her "Rosa you need to understand. You were up whole day. Aren't you tired?" I said to her softly. "No. I am not tired. I want to do this." She said mixing the batter with the hand blender. "Rosa..." she gave me an angry look before I could even start my protest.

Azriel will get super angry if he sees her awake and this active till now. She must be tired. But if I anger her then she will cry and that will be a bigger problem. So I thought it's better to play with her. When he will come home he can be make her sleep. "Okay tell me for whom we are making this cake" I asked taking an interest in her antics. "Sabrina. She is going to her home tomorrow." She told. "Yayy" Sabrina chirped.

"And is Azu's birthday tomorrow. He use to love chocolate cake when he was a kid" she said drifting off.

"Rosa!" I shook her when she was not replying and was in her trance "Yeah" she said normally like last sixty seconds didn't happen. "What did you say?" I asked "What did I say?" "About Azriel? You said he liked chocolate cake when he was a kid? How do-how do you remember?" I asked with hope. "Who is Azriel?" She said and my smile faded.

"Azu? You said something about him" Carlos asked her too seeing my hopeless expression. "What about him?" She asked instead not remembering what she said moments ago. "Nothing relax Rosa." Carlos brushed her hands to not cause any disturbance to her. "You know how to make Cake" I asked her and she shrugged smiling. "I don't know. When I start doing something it comes to me itself" she said.

I smiled at her and got up. I went to kitchen to prep the oven.

"Are you okay Signora?" He asked me coming inside. "Yeah why?" "Boss was a bit disturbed. He told me to tell you that he is not giving up" "He told you?" I asked puzzled. Why? "He-he-", "What? Say now", "He knows we are friends" he told me making me shiver. "Had-had he hurt you?" I asked because that's what I expect him to do. "No. He didn't. He was angry though. But it felt like he wasn't angry on us" he said and I nodded. He was angry on me.

I looked at the time, where is he? It's quite late, I thought. "You okay?" He asked again and I nodded in affirmation. I chuckled seeing flour in Carlos' hair. "How did you manage to get it in your hair" I said shuffling his hair and we laughed slightly.

"She did remember" he said looking at her. "Yeah I didn't understand what happened. You heard it too. Then why she reacted like she didn't say it" I asked "It happens with her sometimes. An old memory comes to surface and then fades away. Like she pushes it down" he told and I nodded understanding.

"Its his birthday tomorrow?" I asked Carlos. It's so strange that in all this time no one ever mentioned. "Don't know" he shrugged. "He never told us. Neither saw anyone wishing or so" he told. It's so sad that no one wishes him or even knows about it. But neither did I ask him or anyone. Neither did I care when is his birthday.

"Hey give me a baking tray I will shift it" we heard Rosa as she and Sabrina reached us. I took out a circle mould and placed the parchment paper laced with butter. I tried to take the bowl when she stopped me."No, no I will put it." She argued. "Okay" I kept the mold in her lap and she transfered the batter. She was satisfied with it.

She placed it in the oven and set the timer too. "You really know all this" "No it's just comes to me automatically when I start doing something. But I forget when someone asks me" she said and I sighed with a smile.

"Come let's sit in the living room." I said taking her wheelchair. But she didn't need my support. She pressed the button and reached herself. Carlos built the fire and Sabrina played the music. She made us danced a bit. She always knew how to lighten the mood.

Soon the timer dinged and Rosa decorated the cake with the chocolate icing. She really did forget when I asked her the recipe. But I guess she must used to bake this for him that's why she remembered.

We kept the cake on the coffee table. Sabrina and Carlos were drinking beer and I was sitting at the floor with my head in her lap, Rosa was brushing my hair.

My mind was drifting off to him again and again. He left in a really bad mood. God knows where he is and what he is doing. He used to go to Rosa whenever he used to feel disturbed but now she is also here. I took away his safe haven. He cannot vent his heart out in front of me.

Why can't he choose me? Why do everytime I have to bend to his wishes. I know he will have his way this time too, he will figure out how to go ahead with the pregnancy if I get pregnant again. Maybe he already figured out, surrogacy or whatnot. And I will be more than happy to go ahead but not because he will use that to become Don. He is made up of this darkness why he want to throw our child too in the same.