Six

The next morning I woke up to yelling. "CARINA COME DOWN HERE!" Yelled my mother. I hurried downstairs putting my coat on. "Yes?" I smiled when she looked at me. "I don't want you here anymore. You're adopted. Therefor I'm not your mother and don't have to care for you. So leave my house," she pointed to the door. "What did I do? Where will I go?" I asked. "I never liked you from day one, I just had to pretend too!" She screamed. "Go find your real family!" She walked out of the room. I grabbed my stuff and headed to Diagon Alley. I stared at one of the signs. "I could use a pet," I smiled and hurried in. Pets filled the walls. Mythical, real, and a mix of both. But what caught my attention, was an Element Wolf. They were wolves, but had an element, hinge the name. People crowded them and took many. But the Dark Wolf was avoided. Anyone who came close to it chose a different one. It sat it's wings by itself and lay down sadly.

I picked it up and headed to the register

I picked it up and headed to the register. "How much for it?" I smiled. The woman looked at me oddly. "F-f-free," she said and turned away from me quickly. I shrugged and walked out. "Your pretty strange huh?" I chuckled. "Strange... I like that name. welcome to my family Strange," I smiled. I looked around. The passage to Knockturn Alley was only a few feet away. Strange sniffed at it and lightly pawed to open it. "Alright then," I opened it and slowly crept inside. Borgin and Burke's? Seemed interesting. Inside were artifacts and symbols. "Draco. What did I say?!" I turned the corner to see Lucius scolding Draco. "Lucius he's just a child," Narcissa put her hand on his shoulder. Strange barked excitedly. "Shhh!" I warned. "Carina?" Narcissa walked towards me. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "Looking around," I muttered picking up Strange. "Where's your mother?" She asked looking around. "She... she kicked me out," I turned away from them. "No kidding!" Draco teased. Narcissa looked at him annoyed. He stopped laughing immediately. "What do you mean she kicked you out?" Still never taking her eyes off Draco she asked. "She said she never loved me. I'd like to go home with ya'll but, it's not like you ever loved me either," I turned towards the door. "You can if you want," Narcissa said. I turned to her confused. "Come home," she explained. She smiled softly. I'd only seen her smile like that when Lucius came home from a mission. "You don't mean it," I growled. Though I knew she did. "If you don't want to you don't have to," Lucius said hoping I wouldn't want to. I looked to Strange. "What do you think buddy? You think I'll have a real family!" I set him down slowly. He barked excitedly at them. I took a deep breath. Tears slid down my cheek intertwining like ballet dancers on the stage, completely in harmony. "What's wrong?!" Narcissa walked to me quickly. "I'm sorry Mum!" I hugged her tightly. "You have nothing to apologize for," she hugged me back. "I ran away. I let this happen. If it weren't for me, I could've been at home right now studying. Sure... you'd probably hate me but... I'd rather that then have a fake family!" I cried. "No... you shouldn't be sorry. It's our fault and we both know that," she said to me. I could see the tears in her eyes. My mother was good at faking, but never faking sadness. I could tell she meant it. "You do mean it," I said. "Why wouldn't I?" She said amused. I smiled a bit.