Sixteen

"Did y'all know about this?!" I turned to face parents. "No. No I did not....." my mother whispered. "Oh but you father knew. You see he hired us to do it," Lydia laughed. We all looked at him. "Why?" Draco asked. "Well in case you couldn't tell, this family was already falling apart. I thought if I could tear it apart from the inside I could break away and not have to deal with any of y'all," he muttered. "Love, what are you talking about?" My mother asked. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "I dont love you," he said plainly. She slowly unwrapped her arms from his shoulders. "What do you mean?" She whispered. "I don't care about you. I don't want to be married to you!" He growled. She slowly stepped away from him.

Narcissa's POV

Lucius wasn't a very affectionate person but this. I never thought that this would be the reason why. It suddenly became hard to breath. I stepped about four paces away from him. "But I- I thought-" I couldn't even finish my sentence. "Face it! I've never loved you! After the dark lord fell did you think I just liked hanging out on Diagon alley?! No I was at Azkaban annoying your sister because I'd rather be there than with you and the children," he shouted. Tears streamed down my face. "I understand," I said. And then something I'd never expect to happen, happened. I snapped. I went just as crazy as my sister. I think. I don't really remember it that well. But I remember laughing. That much was clear. I started laughing. "Oh thank god," I smiled. "You really think I wanted a coward, as a husband? I mean you obviously influenced our son and I don't want that for Carina," I said calmly.

Carina's POV

"W-wait what?" My father said. "I'm not a coward!" He grabbed our mothers wrist tightly. "Call me a coward again!" He growled. He pulled her closer to him so their faces were inches apart. She just smiled. Me and Draco exchanged worried looks. "Coward," she mocked. He went to twist her arm but she got out of his grasp and aimed her wand at him. "Stuepefy!" She shouted. "Sectumsempra," she mumbled. Blood dripped from our fathers robes. It spilled onto the floor like a waterfall. "Vulnera Sanentur" she said reluctantly. The cuts healed but the blood remained. Me and Draco continued to stare at her. Speechless. She turned to us and paused. She walked towards us but me and Draco stapled backwards. Draco went towards her and hugged her. But I stayed behind. "Carina," she outstretched her hand to me. Which was covered in blood. Fathers blood. She looked at her hand and snapped back to reality. Tears am filled her eyes. She screamed without showing emotion or making a sound. You could see it in her eyes. She turned behind her towards father. "Why couldn't you be a killer when you needed to be? When I wanted you to be!" He glared at her. "I-I'm sorry. I-I can't," she cried. "But you just did. Look. The blood on your hands is mine is it not?" He smirked. She stared down at her hands. Her knees gave out and she fell to the floor. Her tears fell next to the blood. And just how she did moments earlier. She stopped crying. She stood silent. No emotion. No words. "Mother?" I asked. I set my hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to kill you!" She screamed. She raised her wand once again towards our father. "AVADA-" "MUM NO!"I shouted. I stepped in front of her and my father. "Think about this," Draco said. Her hand started shaking. She dropped her wand and I picked it up so she couldn't do anything else. It was than that she snapped. She started laughing again. But this time not normally. She laughed they way our aunt Bellatrix did. "Mum are you ok?" Draco asked. "Yes darling I'm fine why wouldn't I be?" She asked. We both stayed silent. "Why wouldn't I be?" She repeated but this time much colder. "Nothing. Just making sure," he said quickly. "Father. You did this. So undo it," I told him. "Cissa, I was just annoyed. And stressed. I didn't mean any of it," he said walking towards her. "Oh really?!" She shouted twisting his arm. "Ow!" He shouted. "Mom stop!" I said. She reluctantly let go of his arm. "Please," he told her. He hugged her tightly. Mothers eyes darted to Bella's knife. She grabbed it while still in the hug. "DAD MOVE!" I shouted I pushed him out of the way. But I took his place. The knife went straight through my arm. I felt the blood trickle down my skin. She looked at me panicked. She quickly grabbed her wand. "Accio bandages," she said. She wrapped them around my arm. And then I passed out.