Thirteen

My aunt stood over me. My wand was inches from my hand. Let's rewind a bit. The war. Or more commonly known as Battle Of Hogwarts. I'd found out what father had done to her. Imperious curse. That had been dealt with by the minister. The battle was happening now. Harry had just left to go to the forest. I ran through the castle searching for Draco. "DRACO!" I called. "Carina?" I heard a voice. I turned around. Leo. Him and I had started dating after the incident. "You need to get to safety!" I told him. I turned to run but he caught my arm. "Not without you!" He cried. "Forgive me love," I said. "Imperio! Get somewhere safe. And stay there," I told him. He followed my instructions and left. But not very far. I saw a green flash of light come from around the corner. "L-Leo?" I asked. "LEO!" I screamed. He lie on the floor dead. The world around me seemed to quiet and stand still. My breathing stopped. I wanted to breath. But I knew I couldn't. Everything up until that moment had been fine. Now everything was irrelevant. My family always said that there was a plan. That the future was set in stone. But if this was the future I had to live, I would rather die. I ran to him quickly. "Please wake up. Please for me for me!" I screamed. I grabbed him and laid him on my lap. "Leo, please," I said. I only hoped her could hear me. I wiped away my tears and buried him. I know it wasn't smart with all of the spells being shot, but I had to. I placed a daffodil, his favorite flower, on the fresh dirt. I remembered what I was doing and searched for my brother again. "DRACO!" I called again. "Carina!" I turned around. I hugged my brother. "Where mum and dad?" I asked. He shrugged. "We need to look-" a voice came into my head. "Harry Potter.... Join us in the forbidden first, or watch your friends die," it said. Voldemort. "Mum and dad. Their in the forest," I said. I apparated to the forest and hid behind a tree. I watched as Voldemort said the dreaded words. "AVADA KADAVRA!" He screamed. I wanted to run out there. To help him. But it was too late. "Would you do the honor of checking if he's alive?" He turned to my mother. She nodded slowly. I heard her whisper something to Harry. He nodded. I smiled to know he was alive. She stood up slowly. And turned to the followers. "Dead," she said calmly. I ran back to the castle so I didn't get caught. The death eaters stood at the bridge. "Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort called. Kids screamed. Cried. Some even shot the killing curse towards the death eaters. "Silence! If you do not wish to die, join us now," said Voldemort. "Draco... come," said my mother. He walked towards them slowly. The battle had begun. I was separated from them. Here we are now. Where we'd left off. My aunt stood over me. My wand inches from my hand. "What would mum say?" I asked her. She aimed her wand at me. "She won't know," Bellatrix smirked. I closed my eyes waiting for the spell to shoot. "CARINA!" I heard a voice scream. I looked. My family. But it was too late. The words were starting to leave Bellatrix's lips. "AVADA KADAV-" "BELLA NO!" My mother screamed. She paused. Hesitating of what to do next. "Avada Kadavra!" She said. Then she disappeared. "CARINA!" My mother called. She ran to me but we knew it was too late. My father and brother cried. "Please please there has to be a way!" She said. "It's ok. I'll see Leo now..." I whispered with tears streaming down my face. "I'll say hi to Sirius for you as well," I smiled. My eyelids felt heavy. I closed my eyes. When I opened them. I felt the warmth of a hand on mine. I turned to look. "Leo," I smiled. "You ready? Or do you wanna wait to see if some friends come?" He asked. "Let's wait a minute," I said. George, Collin, Lavender, Professor Lupin, and Tonks all came. I held Leo's hand and we walked forward. Our hands dissolved into light forever. But at least I was with him.