56. Resolve | حل

Kindly, Vote and Comment. <3

The clouds looked down at the two souls who shared the same trauma of pain. They had both lost their parents. She had lost a sister; he had lost a brother. And their criminal was same. They were both done brutally wrong by the same person and had everything snatched away from them. And right now, she had never felt more related to anyone in terms of her pain.

As of this moment, they were one.

She held onto him tightly, as if he was a part of hers, while everything about their past kept replaying in her mind. For the first time in her life, she had finally found someone who was her in their raw form; in whom, she could see her broken self. And she had no intention of letting him go so soon.

Or so she thought because just as the sky thundered viciously, it tore their hug too. One time he had hugged her to provide her solace. This time, she did it to give him the same solace. But one thing remained same.

Both times that moment of solace had been broken by her.

Just like now when she pulled away from him with a jerk under the thunderous sound the sky made to alert her. In the plethora of their emotions, she had completely lost it. But now, her senses were coming back as she shot up on her feet, instantly, trying to pull herself together.

"What happened?" He asked as he followed suit, not ready to let go of her warmth so soon. He craved it too damn much.

"Nothing...umm..." She said as she cinched the cashmere closer and looked sideways to construct words. "It's getting pretty late, you should go now."

"What's going on? Is everything alright?" He put a hand on her shoulder and she flinched under his touch.

He stepped back, feeling dejected.

Everything was alright just a few minutes back. Then what happened now?

"Do you not believe me?" His voice was too low as if not wanting it to reach her ears, too afraid of the answer.

"No, I do believe you. It's not that, trust me, it isn't." She shook her head. "It's just that...this hug. It's wrong."

"Oh." Expressions of contemplation carpeted on his face. "I'm sorry." He said after a few seconds.

"No, it's alright. We both just lost it in emotions." She looked down, tucking the strand of her hair behind her ear as the wind did nothing to help keeping it in place. He nodded as he tried not to look at her, but it was hard. If he could, he would look at her all day and all night.

"What happened to your hands?" He asked as his gaze landed on her bandaged hands. She looked up at him and studied the lineaments of fright and concern etched on his face. Seriously, what was this man? She wasn't used to this kind of affection and concern. She would never get used to it.

But Azlan Shehryar will make sure she would.

"Nothing. I was just cooking and the oil spilled on my hands." She brushed the topic away with a nonchalant shrug, but he still wasn't convinced.

"Did you go see a doctor?" His brows knitted as the lines of scowl became prominent on his forehead.

"Yes."She huffed as she lied.