Chapter 5

By the time the unlikely duo had made it halfway to gringotts, regulus had calmed down considerably but was still rightfully pissed off at Dumbledore for what he did.

If something like this got him mad, hazel couldn't wait to see him blow up at Dumbledore after telling regulus everything he put her through. The small sadistic side of her was honestly very excited for that confrontation.

Once they reached gringotts, regulus and hazel walked over to one of the goblin tellers. After reaching the goblin they sketched a quick bow to him, when hazel looked closer she recognized him as roteye.

Again, hazel could see surprise flicker through his eyes, except this time it was at their respect, something hazel deemed she was going to change. It wasn't fair that goblins and other creatures didn't get the respect they deserve. Like professor Lupin, just because he turns into a werewolf once a month – mind you that the remainder of the month, he's a normal person and with the wolfs bane potion, he's an overgrown puppy – people discriminate against him for something he can't control.

She was going to make sure that creatures of all types, elves, goblins, werewolves, vampires and others are given the respect and decent human dignity they deserve.

"I'm here to see griphook" hazel said.

"He might have mentioned me coming to see him?" she hoped he did. She still wasn't sure on whether he would remember everything that happened.

Roteye showed understanding. "Heiress Potter-black?" he questioned just to make sure.

Hazel dispelled the charm on her scar and brushed her hair back slightly, just enough for roteye to see, she didn't want to cause a riot.

Roteye's eyes widened, he got up from where he was sitting and once again – at least it was to hazel – led them to griphook's office.

Regulus and Hazel followed roteye as he brought them to griphook's office.

The goblin rapped his knuckles against the door and with another nod towards both humans, returned back to the front, apathetic about talking with other humans.

After hearing a griphook telling them to enter from the other side, regulus opened the door, letting hazel in first before entering and closing the door behind himself.

Such a gentleman.

Regulus pulled out one of the chairs for hazel to sit in, which she did after giving regulus a weird look, he was acting so...posh. After she sat down, regulus pushed in her chair and sat down himself on the chair next to her.

His mother thought him to act like a gentleman, what to do in the presence of pureblooded ladies and how to act.

It's basically been ingrained into his head.

Whether they were purebloods or not was something else entirely.

Before hazel could say anything, griphook was already unknowingly confirming her suspicion. "It's good to see you again, heiress Potter-Black." he said with a sharp grin.

Hazel relaxed marginally knowing that this was indeed the griphook from her past – or was it future? – and that whatever he did worked.

Regulus cleared his throat, reminding the room of his presence. "Right, Griphook, this is Regulus Black –" hazel ignored the widening of eyes but there was a small smirk of amusement on her lips "– who is technically my uncle through Sirius. Regulus, this is Griphook, the goblin who helped me with my vaults in the past, um future?, well you know what I mean. He is also in charge of all my vaults."

The black scion looked amused with the brunette's slight confusion while griphook looked at him curiously.

"You're supposed to be dead." The goblin stated bluntly.