Chapter 7

The sunlight peaked through the curtains, shining onto one, Hazel Potter-Black's face.

"Wha-?" she murmured as she finally opened her eyes but squinted them at the sunlight.

Wait. Sunlight? But the cupboard under the stairs doesn't have sunlight. Actually, did she even go to sleep in the cupboard. No that's wrong, she told the dursleys she would sleep in dudley's second bedroom.

But when did she even go back to privet drive?

Hazel immediately sobered up from her sleepy state and sat up straight, trying to find out where she is while also remembering the last thing that happened before she fell asleep.

Hazel quickly relaxed after recognizing the room she was in.

It was one of the rooms in 12 grimmauld place.

She slowly remembered what she was doing before she fell asleep. She was in griphook's office and was looking at the amount of money and different types of artifacts in the potter vault. But it was getting late and she was tired from the ritual, so she eventually fell asleep.

Seeing that she was in grimmauld place, she could only guess that regulus brought her here while she was asleep.

That was nice of him.

Hazel let a yawn slip past her lips as she used her knuckles to rub her eyes. She looked at the curtain covered window and judging from how bright the light was she could only guess that it was around eight or nine.

Which was odd. She usually woke up around six, curtesy of the dursleys, once again. The ritual must have taken a lot out of her, more than she thought.

The girl-who-lived raised her arms over her head, stretching. She bent her back slightly backwards and let out a satisfied hum when she heard a popping sound.

Hazel was interrupted by knock on her door. "Come in!" she called.

The door opened, revealing kreacher in his wrinkly glory.

He made eye contact with her and for a moment, hazel wondered if he was going to start spewing words like 'filthy half-bloods' or something like that. But to her surprise kreacher bowed his head respectfully and greeted her good morning.

"Er – Good morning?" she said but it came out as more like a question.

Why was he being nice?

"Master regulus told kreacher to wake up little mistress for breakfast, kreacher is sorry if he disturbs your sleep."

Hazel blinked. "No, it's alright kreacher. I was already awake before you knocked on the door."

Kreacher looked up at her with his head tilted. "What would little mistress like for breakfast?" he asked, eager to please.

Hazel blinked before thinking about it. "Could you make me waffles please?" she asked politely. There was no need to be rude since he was being nice.

She internally panicked when she saw his eyes widen as he looked like he was about to cry. Luckily for her, kreacher didn't cry but sniffled slightly and looked up at her as if she was a saint. "Little mistress is so kind, only master regulus ever tell kreacher 'please' or 'thank you'." He sniffled.

The brunette let out a sigh of relief, now knowing that he was just surprised she had been polite. She gave him a small smile.

"Kreacher will go and prepare little mistress's breakfast." He said before apparating away.

Letting out a sigh, hazel stood up from bed even if her body protested from getting up from the soft mattress. Closing the door and locking it, hazel stripped out of her clothes and entered the bathroom, making sure to close and lock that door as well.