Chapter 6

After what felt like hours in the ritual room and then the med bay and finally a long nap, hazel was sitting down on a bed, her legs swung around the side as she stifled a yawn.

She blinked back the small tears that came with it.

Hazel slowly rubbed her eyes feeling tired and exhausted. Her whole body ached – Hell even her teeth ached!

Hearing a chuckle, hazel looked up to see the medic goblin standing in front of her just a few meters away, holding a clipboard with what must be her injuries, the blocks placed on her and other similar things.

She walked towards her and handed her a potion from the pocket of her coat.

Hazel hesitantly took and opened it, taking a sniff and scrunching her nose. "What is this?"

"It's a pain reliever potion, now drink."

Not wanting to face the goblin's ire, she chugged it down quickly and gaged at the taste.

Why do all the potions have to taste horrible? The only one that tastes remotely nice is the pepper-up potion, mostly because it's minty.

The female goblin smirked at the disgusted face hazel made and handed her a glass of water which she gratefully took. She quickly downed it, hoping to get rid of the nasty aftertaste the potion left.

Once her throat was wetted, she questioned the goblin. "How long was I asleep?"

"You were asleep for 20 minutes, which is considerably short but most likely your magic helped now that it's unblocked. The ritual though, took an hour. It was hard and it took a long time to remove the blocks on your magic and to remove the spell that changed your magical core."

Hazel nodded along, focusing to what she was saying.

"I've also written down for you a meal and potion plan to help you grow. You're too malnourished, and aren't the right height and size for a girl your age. Following this will help your body grow better and erase whatever side effects there should be from what was done to you."

Hazel tensed at the last part. "How did you – "

"I did a full body scan on you, it showed your injuries and whatever may have happened to your body in the past. The broken bones you have don't occur by being clumsy. It was easy to come to my conclusion." The goblin explained.

Hazel squeezed her hands into fists before relaxing them. "You won't tell anybody?" she asked anxiously.

The medic goblin looked offended. "Of course. What I learn about my patients is kept between myself and them."

"Though I suggest you bring this to court. No matter the reason, no child should be abused." She said sternly but her eyes were soft. Children were precious to goblins.

Hazel let out a small smile. "I'll think about it." She said.

"Good, now I've asked for some soup to be brought, you must be hungry."