15) Midnight Conversations

Liam's POV

It had been a long time since I last had a conversation with Y/n. The cold air between us was strong and the tension was so tight you could probably cut it with a knife. I don't understand why she won't talk to me. All I want is to talk to her, be her brother. But she's frozen me out and avoids eye contact with me more than anyone else.

She still doesn't really talk to the other boys. The boys know she's been avoiding us too. We can all see it. Y/n's always much happier when she's with security detail or any other staff really, even the band. Who she now prefers to hang out with more than us. It hurts us all. But at least Y/n still somewhat talks to the boys.

The conversations aren;t long and aren't in depth or anything of any importance but at least she talks. It's mostly just her answering questions about school work, or playing video games when we get a chance, or if it's a good day Harry teaches her to cook.

12:03 in the morning and I'm sitting in the back lounge on a couch staring into darkness. Unable to sleep and unable to stop thinking of my sister. She's in pain and right now just needs some support. She needs me. But she doesn't want me and I still don't know why.

I continue sitting in the darkness, my head now leaning against the back of the couch. I let out a deep long sigh trying to help the tension ease and let my worries go. I close my eyes and hopefully I'll manage to somehow fall asleep.

Y/n's POV

I woke up from another lucid dream. This time I was swaying back and forth on the stage while the boys were singing 'What Makes You Beautiful' behind me. There was a crowd of thousands staring at me as I lost my balance and vision. I passed out before I opened my eyes and found myself lying in my bunk on the tour bus. I was panting hard. I didn't want to wake anyone up so I tried my best to slow my breathing.

Creeping out of bed I decided trying to fall asleep again wasn't the best idea. Lately everytime I close my eyes for sleep I would either have one of those bad lucid dreams or I just couldn't fall asleep. There was no winning anymore.

Quietly I moved through the hallway of beds to the back lounge and snuck through the open door into the darkness. The moon shone a dull white light through the window into the space. There was just enough space for me to make the shape of a person out sitting on the couch. I held my breath praying it wasn't a rogue fan who had managed to sneak onto the bus.

"Y/n?" A voice questioned.

The voice was familiar. I stepped forward allowing the moonlight to show me who else was awake during the late hours of the night and early morning.

"Liam?"

"Yeh it's me. Sorry if I gave you a fright. I can leave if you like." He offered, standing up.

"No!" I said a little too quickly. But he stopped and looked into my eyes.

"Stay.... please " I whisper, tears threatening to fall. I don't want to be alone anymore.

"Bad dream?" He asked and I nodded.

He sat back down on the couch and beckoned for me to come join him. And I did, without any hesitation. He wrapped me into his arms and held me tight. I missed the feeling. I was so glad to be back in his arms again. I felt safe, like I was home.

"Are you going to tell me what's happening now?" Liam finally broke the silence.

"I don't even know where to begin. It feels like everythings falling apart. There's so much pressure to be perfect and there are so many people watching me. Watching us. I'm so tired, I don't know if I can keep going."

I was spewing tears into Liam's shoulder. He rubbed circles into my back as I cried. He cooed and hushed, encouraging me to calm down but I was hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey, look at me. Everything's okay."

"There are always so many people! What if they grab me, what if I can't get back to you." I was completely sobbing now. All my hatred was gone and the walls had well and truly come down.

"They're not here. It's just you and me, okay? No one is going to hurt you. I won't let them and neither will any of the boys I promise."

Liam just held me tighter as I cried helping me to finally calm down. I wouldn't let him let go of me and he didn't want to. I felt warm and fast, and maybe a little tired too because my eyes were beginning to droop and before I knew it I was falling asleep safely in my brother's arms.

Liam's POV

"Rough night?" I heard a gruff voice speak from behind me as I shuffled into the kitchenette of the tour bus.

I turned around to find the owner of the voice, it was Zayn. I yawned, stretching while the coffee machine came to life.

"Yeh," I breathed

Multiple people chuckled. I then realised it wasn't just Zayn in the room. All the boys were in the room. I didn't honestly realise how rough of a night it had been but with achy tiredness throughout my body and the burning sensation from my eyes, I really must have had a rough night, especially if I had out-slept Zayn.

"You right though mate? What was giving you such a hard time?" Louis queeried.

"Just couldn't sleep. Busy mind I guess." I just shrugged, I wasn't lying.

I grabbed my coffee and a muffin from the countertop and sat down at the table, munching on my breakfast. It was silent, which was nice. Most of the boys were occupying themselves with their phones, except for Harry who for some reason was on his computer.

The coffee somehow seemed to improve my mood which was going to be helpful considering tonight was our last show in this city before we moved onto the next one, which just so happened to be Sweden.

"Is Y/n up?" I asked after downing the last of my coffee.

"Nope. She's still tucked up in her bed with the curtain drawn back. Harry went to check on her earlier after Zayn got up." Niall smiled at me.

"She had some serious bags under her eyes, and thought it might be best to let her sleep." Harry shrugged thinking he was just stating the obvious.

"Thanks. And about that. Y/n woke up last night as well. I ended up spending quite a few hours with her. She just dumped everything she hadn't been telling me, finally. I want to keep an eye on her for a little while. I'm expecting her to be on edge a little more."

"Woah, that's a huge step." Louis was shocked.

"Is there anything we can do to help besides helping keep an eye on her?" Zayn asked.

"Yeh actually, how about bumping up the security details for transport tomorrow?"

"Easy fix!" Niall beamed.

Everything seemed settled then. Hopefully things begin to take a turn for the better for the sake of my sister. She could use a pick-me-up. I'll have to organise something.