[ III ] ALAS

PARK SUNGHOON

"Oh my Lilly baby, I love you more than anything else." I said while pouting as I brushed the hair of my Camarillo White Horse, a rare horse breed.

"More than your future wife?"

"Yes more than- what?" I raised a brow and turned around. I saw Heeseung leaning against a vacant stable. He crossed his arms and walked towards me, he then flashed a mischievous smirk,

"I thought you're at your chamber. By the way, Princess Ari has arrived." He said and eyed Lilly, "You won't greet her?"

I heaved a sigh and tossed the bristle brush back to its supposed place, "Why would I? She isn't even welcome here."

Heeseung arched a brow and stroked the hair of his coffee-colored horse named Tucker. The horse neighed which made Heeseung laugh, "Stop being immature, Sunghoon."

I frowned and secretly rolled my eyes. Here he goes again.

"Immature? I am just saying the truth. I was only acting nice towards her because she's a princess, and I want to show off in front of my parents. I can't disappoint them." I sighed and brushed Lilly's hair again, "It's her fault if she's expecting something."

Heeseung clicked his tongue. He harshly threw the brush away and grabbed my shoulder. I almost scoffed when I felt his nails digging into my skin. I gritted my teeth and violently removed his hand, "You must have forgotten something, Alas. My title."

Heeseung swallowed hard and sighed. He slightly bowed, "My apologies, Your Highness." When he raised his head, our eyes met. We intensely stared at each other, as if we were trying to prove something.

The corner of my lips slowly lifted, "Why are you suddenly acting like this? Are you perhaps... concerned with my fiancée?"

Heeseung clenched his jaw. I scoffed and glanced at his tensing fist, "So you are..."

"Please don't get me wrong, Your Highness. I am not interested with your future wife. I wouldn't dare. It is... treason."

I let out a chuckle as I pat his arm, "Glad you are aware of that, Alas." I walked past him and headed towards the garden. I just knew that girl would stay there. It's her favorite place after all.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Well, I guessed it right. I plastered an annoyed expression when I saw her talking to the roses. She was even smiling like an idiot. Is she for real?

"Hey." I greeted as I roamed my eyes around the place. Good thing we are alone. "Welcome to Ariaden." I half-heartedly said.

"Hi, Your Highness! I really like the garden. Thank you for this." She flashed a sweet smile which made me scoff.

"Welcome, I guess. But why are you thanking me?" I asked with a hint of confusion. She innocently shot her brows up and pouted a little.

"Ms. Han, the head court lady said you arranged this yourself." She tilted her head and touched the flowers, "And there are a lot of roses, too! It is my favorite flower!"

I looked away. The hell? I arranged this? I don't even remember doing it. But then I realized, maybe Ms. Han was just doing her job.

Still, I don't want her to get the wrong idea, "I didn't."

She innocently looked at me, "Hmm?"

I twitched my lips while watching her innocent face. Oh baby, I really like how pure you are. It makes me want to play with you more, "I didn't arranged this. Why would I? I already have a lot on my plate. I don't have a time to spare arranging this stupid garden."

The look on her face suddenly faded. It was replaced with a disappointed expression, "W-what?"

I mimicked her what as I let out a loud laugh. It echoed in the entire greenhouse. She swallowed hard and started roaming her eyes around the place, worried that someone might hear us.

"You actually thought I did it? What the hell is wrong with your brain, Princess?" I laughed once again and held my tummy. This situation is so funny! I even teared up from laughing!

"Jerk." My laugh slowly faded when I heard her stern voice. I pursed my lips and covered my mouth, trying to stop myself from laughing again.

"Hey, where are you going?" I held her arm when she tried to walk away from me, "We aren't done talking. Don't be disrespectful."

"The nerves of you to call me disrespectful!" She swung her arm which made my mouth slightly open, "Will you excuse me." She bowed and completely walked away, leaving me alone in this stupid garden of hers.

MIN ARI

I ran my fingers through my hair and gritted my teeth while walking towards my chamber. Jana's eyed widened when she saw me, "Your Highness! I was looking for you!"

"What?!" Jana got surprised because of my sudden yell. She pursed her lips and lowered her head. I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh, "Forgive me, Jana..."

"I-It's okay, Your Highness. Something must have bothered you." She said with her soft voice, still not raising her head.

This is all because of that annoying prince! Seriously! Do I really have to marry that bastard? I have to live with that jerk for the rest of my life?!

"Yeah. How to get out of this stupid arrangement, Jana?" I said and looked away. She slowly raised her head.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

"This. This situation. I want to go back to Miren. I hate it here." I bit my lower lip when I felt a stinging sensation in my eyes. I looked up as I started fanning my face, "Gosh..."

Jana immediately panicked, "Your Highness! Are you crying? Oh my god, no! Wait I don't have a handkerchief with me. What should I do? What should I do?!"

I scoffed. Goodness, Jana.

"Take this." I heard a baritone voice slowly approaching us. He handed me his white handkerchief while staring at me in the eyes.

"Alas..." I muttered unconsciously.

His brows shot up and took my hand, placing his handkerchief on top of it, "A smile suits you more, Your Highness."

I swallowed hard and looked away. I used his handkerchief to wipe my tears, "Thank you..."