[ XVI ] EXPECTING A BABY

PARK SUNGHOON 

I slowly traced the rim of the champagne glass with my finger as I watched the familiar jeep wrangler entering the palace. I squinted my eyes as I held on the glass tightly.

I later on heard three knocks which made me sneer. I purposely didn't lock the door for him to be able to enter immediately.

I leaned on the stone railings as I continued watching the dark scenery. It was almost 3 am yet I chose not to sleep since I was waiting for him to arrive, "How was it?"

"Nothing new. It seems like he doesn't have any other plans."

I raised a brow as I chugged the remaining liquid inside my champagne glass. I turned around and saw Heeseung seriously staring at me, "Hyunjin is not interested on the Princess. He wants Miren solely."

I disappointedly heaved a sigh, "Of course I know about that. Anything else?"

"Jana was raging mad when she found out she couldn't marry you. We should keep a close eye on her. She might hurt the princess." Heeseung stated. I could hear a hint of concern in his tone.

"She can't." I slowly smirked, "She may or may not admit it, but after all the time they spent together, I know she began to care for Ari. Or at least... a bit."

"She's just upset by the fact that she can't marry me, but she will not hurt Ari." I continued.

"How can you be so sure? We still need to keep an eye on her. We can't risk anything!"

I licked my lower lip and tilted my head a little. I seriously stared at him before the side of my lips arched, "I didn't say we won't keep an eye on her, Heeseung. I know it's a risk, but I trust my instinct for now. How about you? Why do you care for Ari so much?"

"Because..." His voice slowly faded. He swallowed and looked away as he clenched his fist.

"Because you like her..." I muttered breathily, "... and she likes you."

He turned his head to look at me. His eyes slightly widened, as his mouth were attempting to utter some words.

"She even said she'd rather marry you than me." I bitterly scoffed and looked away.