[ XXVII ] SOMETHING IS WRONG

MIN ARI 

"Sunghoon!" After regaining my senses, I immediately followed him. His steps were big and fast so I had a hard time catching him up. "Park Sunghoon!"

He slowed down.

"Whatever you're thinking right now, it's wrong. I entered the room even before—"

"I didn't ask for your explanation." He icily cut me off. It made me groan. Goodness, why is he so complicated?!

I called his name when he started walking again. He didn't bother to respond nor stop. I just frustratedly followed him until we reached the door of our bedroom.

"Give me a chance to explain! It's not that I did something wrong. If only you'd listen, but you're being so immature right now!"

He scoffed and looked at me. His eyes were so dangerous that my breath almost halted when I met his sharp gaze.

"I said, I don't need to hear your explanation, Min Ari." He wasn't shouting but his tone was so serious and commanding. Silence then totally enveloped the entire room. We stared at each other, as if we're trying to prove something. He was the first one to break the eye contact.

"I missed you..." He muttered under his breath. I gulped. He walked towards me to caress my hair.

What the hell is happening?

"I trust you. That's why you don't have to explain." He whispered before I slowly felt his soft lips on my forehead.

I still can't voice out any words.

"I did feel something when I saw you inside his room. I thought you were eagerly waiting for him to come back..."

I looked away.

How am I going to tell him everything? From Heeseung being my brother to meeting his twin. I don't know. My head hurts thinking about it.

Is he Heeseung really a bad person?

Or did Sunghoon's twin set him up?

I groaned when Sunghoon playfully flicked my forehead. He chuckled, "What are you thinking so hard? Don't tell me you were really waiting for him?"

I immediately shook my head, "Sunghoon, I am hiding something from you. But I don't think it's the right time to tell you now."

Or should I tell him already? Heeseung, however, told me to hide it from him... and about what Sanghoon said, I'm afraid it will only ruin Sunghoon and Heeseung's friendship. It's too risky. I need to investigate thoroughly before voicing out.

"As long as you're not cheating on me... it's okay."

I frowned, "You're more capable of cheating between us."

He laughed and shook his head, "Whatever it is, I respect you. Take your time... but if you feel like it's too heavy already, you can always share it to me."

It's actually... already heavy.

He pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. He sniffed my hair while murmuring something, "Whatever happens, please stay with me. You are my only strength."

I swallowed hard at his statement. "Is there something wrong? How was your trip, by the way?"

He shook his head as he flashed a small smile, "Everything will be alright. I will... make everything right."

I nodded and looked away. Everything will be alright. He will make everything right. That means... something wrong is going on.

What could it be?