[ XII ] LADY VIA

MIN ARI 

"Your Highness!" Jana wiped her tears before clumsily running towards me. She held my arms as she scanned my whole body, "I was so worried about you!"

I was about to respond but I felt Sunghoon's arm pulling me away from her, "She needs some rest. Talk to her tomorrow."

He gently dragged me, leaving Jana in awe. I just sighed. He's right. I am tired. I couldn't properly rest while I was in Hyunjin's palace. Everything in there was uncomfortable.

"Do you want something to eat?" He let me sit on my bed. He's hesitating where to touch me as if I am the most fragile thing in this world, "I can order the chefs to-"

"I'm not hungry." I looked away, "You can leave me now. I need to rest."

"The wedding will be on next week." I was about to lie down when he suddenly spoke, my hands were clenched in fists.

"I said I need to rest. Don't stress me over that matter." I coldly said and covered the half of my body with the blanket. I saw him staring at me while his hands are on his waist.

"Ari."

I clenched my jaw, "I said-"

"You will soon become my wife." I heard a loud sigh coming from him, "About the thing you said last time..."

"That you want Heeseung to be your husband instead of me... did you really mean it?"

"Do you... have feelings for him?" He added,

I creased my forehead and looked at him, "What?"

He bit his lower lip, "I just want to know if the one I am marrying is in love with someone else. At least, I need to prepare myself of what's coming."

I stared at him for a while before a laugh escaped from lips. It echoed in the entire of this room. His mouth opened for a bit, his eyes were full of confusion.

"What's funny?" His forehead creased,