Epilogue

Emilie

My life never ended up like I had planned.

I had planned on finishing college and becoming a teacher.

I had planned on finding a good guy and dating, until he got Daddy's permission and proposed to me in some sweet, simple way.

I had planned to be married and madly in love when we conceived our children, all three of them.

I had planned to die of old age in the arms of the man I'd been in love with for decades, going to another world together.

But, life is never what we plan.

The truth is, I ended up pregnant after a one night stand with my brother's best friend, a total stranger to me.

I had ended up married to said man, by force of my overbearing father and overly religious mother.

I had ended up falling in love with him in the end.

He had wanted to marry me.

He had wanted a life with me.

He had loved me.

He was gone.

Had been for nearly three years now.

And even now, sitting under a large oak tree, states away from the large headstone that had his name carved into it, it still hurt.

I still missed the way he laughed when I sneezed.

I still missed the way he always smiled as I woke him up.

I missed having to yell at him about the tooth paste cap.

He missed seeing his baby come into this world.

He missed all of the firsts for Wyatt, so far. And the sad truth was, he would continue to miss them.

I miss my husband, my friend, my love.

But as much as I miss Rowan, I know that I will be okay one day.

Simply because of Wyatt.

**** So, this is it. The end of Emilie's Baby. I'll start the next one hopefully after school slows down. I'd really like to hear your opinions and suggestions.

For those who actually read this faithfully, thank you. I can't express how much it means that you actually spent your time reading through this. Seriously, Thank You.

--- Kay