Three

Emilie

The wedding had gone off without a hitch and I had thanked Rowan for being my date. That was it. He had kissed me on the cheek, causing my whole body to erupt in tingles before walking away. I hadn't heard from him since then.

That was two months ago. 

Mark and I were on speaking terms luckily, and I knew from a recent update that so were he and Rowan. I was glad because Rowan didn't deserve the cold shoulder.

“Em!” I groaned at the sound of my own name and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. The scent of bacon hit my nose and everything I'd eaten this morning went into to toilet. It was like that shit was toxic. I flushed the toilet and stood, walking to the sink to brush the vile taste out of my mouth. My name was called again, then footsteps sounded on the hardwood in my room. I spit and rinsed as Nick barged in, singing Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' at the top of his glitter filled lungs. I grinned as I finished rinsing, pulling my hair out of my face and into a big bun at the top of my head.

“What's wrong, sexy face, why you no look hawt?” Nick pouted, puckering his thick pink lip before taking in my baggy sweats and big shirt. I shrugged, even thought I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my nauseated stomach. I'd not had my period since the week I had lost my virginity, and in truth, I was scared shitless. I was praying that it was just the stress of school, but I knew, I knew.

“I think I might be in trouble, Nicky.” I whispered, sitting on my bed. Nick sat with me, taking my hand in his and rubbing circles over the backs of my hands. He was attempting to comfort me in the only way he knew how at the moment. I knew he was thinking about what to say, but honestly, there wasn't anything to say. I was in trouble. Deep, deep trouble.

“Em, you're - you're not pregnant, are you?” And there it was. I nearly choked when he asked, but if he didn't make me face it, I would try to hide from the truth. Well, until I couldn't hide from it anymore. Say, four months down the road when I looked like a whale.

“Dunno. I think so.” And then the tears were there, trailing down my face. I felt like the world had ended, and I guess it had in a way. The world where it was just me and my friends. If I was pregnant, it wouldn't just be me. It would be me and a baby.

“Well, lets go. We're gonna do this Juno style.” I couldn't help but laugh at him as he tugged me along, grabbing my keys and wallet in the process babbling on about juice and a rope of candy. When Nick set his mind to something, he was going to do it.

 *        *        *

“Well, shit.” Nick said, sitting in the corner of the bathroom an hour later. Four tests, all smiled up at me, telling me the one thing I didn't want to be true.

Pregnant.

“Emilie?” I looked his way, watching as his dark blonde hair fell into his blue eyes. “Are you gonna tell Rowan?”

“Oh, fuck me.”

“Isn't that what got you into this mess in the first place, doll face?” I grunted, and kept my eyes down on the sticks. “Plus, I don't think sticking my disco stick in your vaggy is going to make it mine. 'Sides, no matter how sexy you may be, you're so not my type.” I chuckled slightly, looking up at him with narrowed eyes. If anyone could make me smile, it would be him.

Rowan

I was sitting in the living room, flipping through the channels when Mark came in and jumped onto my lap, wrapping his arms around my neck.

“Oh, Rowan, honey.” He said in a high pitched voice, drawing a finger up my chest in what was supposed to be a seductive manner, but just ended up being kind of creepy. “How come you don't take me out anymore? Is it because she's still on your mind? I mean, you never hold my hand, or kiss me, or tell me how pre-” I dumped his fat ass in the floor, listening to him hoot as the door bell rang. I tossed the remote at him, hitting him in the head. I smiled when he yelled a loud and obnoxious 'ow'. Pulling the door open, I wasn't expecting to come face-to-face with the girl that I hadn't been able to get out of my head for the past two months.

“Uh, hi.” I said stupidly, not knowing what to say. Emilie just stood there, her dark hair hanging around her face, laying on her shoulders. Her eyes were wide and there was fear written across her face. She was pale as well. I grabbed her hand, which was cold from the cooler weather, and tugged her into the house. “Are you okay?”

“Em?” Mark shouted, sounding concerned. I was too. She didn't look good.

“I- ah.” Her eyes filled with tears and I was horror struck. What the hell was going on? Was she okay? I grabbed a blanket, one from the back of our couch and pulled it around her shoulders, hoping that it would warm her up quickly.

“Emmy, what's wrong?”

“I-”

“Emilie, are you okay?” I asked, taking her hand in mine. She looked up at me, almost as if she were waking up out of a haze and tears fell faster. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there. Mark grabbed her and pulled her to him, but she pulled away, turning back to me with the most horrified face I had ever seen. What she said next, I wasn't expecting.

“I'm pregnant, Rowan.”

*** As always, I would really like y'all to give me a bit of feedback. Please and thank you. --Kayyyl