Chapter Two: Consequences

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

Through the door, I see my parents on the ground in front of Dante. My father consoling my mother while she cries while two of his guards point guns to their heads. I run to them but get held back by two more, gripping my arms so hard, I wince.

"Get off me Jackson!" I yell, thrashing as hard as I can. "Rosalina, I am very displeased with you right now." His tone reeks of disapproval, walking back and forth behind my parents.

"We love you, Mi Amor." My parents both repeat, tears pouring from both me and them. "We love you." I shake my head, not wanting to hear it. They can't die. They shouldn't even be here, this has nothing to do with them."Dante, leave them out of this! They didn't do anythi-''

"BUT YOU DID! YOU DID THIS TO THEM! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" He cuts me off with a yell, I wiggle against the guards, trying to free myself yet nothings working.

"You will suffer the consequences."

"Fine, I'll deal with whatever you want to do with me. Okay just...just don't let them shoot my parents Dante... please!" I cry out, hoping some part of him would sympathize with me.

He stands there for a beat, his eyes narrowing as if he's contemplating. "Fine, I won't let them." He sighs, motioning for the guns to be put away. A sense of relief washes over me with a deep breath until I see him pull out his gun.

Bang.

Bang.

"NOO!!" I scream at the sound of two bullets being shot though my parents heads. They finally let me go and I race to the floor. "No." I hold both of them in my hands.

Blood pouring out from both of them rapidly. It's everywhere. This can't be happening. "Please." My father's body limp, yet my mother still holds onto me.

She squeezes my hand as hard as she can, mouthing her last words to me. "I'm so sorry, Mi amor."

"Mom? No. No. No." I shake her body as if it'll bring her to life. Bring her back ti me, tears flooding my vision. "Come on Mom." I look up to Dante who has a smile laced across his lips, the pure satisfaction that radiates off him could drive me to murder.

"Kill me." I say, no emotion left to give.

He says nothing.

I stare at him with nothing left to lose. "KILL ME! I'd rather be dead than be with you." I yell, hoping it would force him to kill me but he doesn't.

"You don't get to die until I say so." He motions for the guards to move towards me. I grab my mothers wedding ring, secretly as they come over to me, picking me up.

Screaming and kicking, "Stop! Dante! Don't put me back in there, please!" I yell frantically, "Please!!!" I cry out, screaming as loud as I can.

"Jackson!! Dorian!" Two people apart of Dante's personal guards. They laugh as they drag my body, though the basement door that holds a small room under the house. It's no bigger than the size of a bedroom with nothing but a metal bed with a small mattress and glass from Dante's past tantrums.