Chapter Sixteen: Silent Treatment P.2

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

Waiting for the doctors was the most stressful and frustrating thing I've ever had to do.

No one was giving me answers and I needed them badly. I sit in the chairs waiting and waiting until I finally fall asleep.

"Umm excuse me?" The doctor says, shyly. "Yes, how is he?!" I wake up, standing quickly.

"He's ok, it was a quick surgery and He's recovering just fine. He just needs rest. You guys can go and see him, he's awake." The doctor informs us and everyone looks at me.

I'm not ready yet.

"Oh you guys go first. I'll go after you guys." I say, softly. They get up and go to visit him. I stood outside in the waiting room pacing.

In corners of course.

What was I planning to say to this man?

What do I say?

Oh I'm sorry that I got mad because I was hurt and then you got sad and decide to be stupid and drive drunk.

No, that's a little abrasive.

The three come out and they look okay. A wave of relief washes over me. Okay he's okay. "He wants to see you." Tatiana says, smiling.

I make my way down the hall and come to the door. I stand there with my eyes shut, trying to hold myself together as I enter. I walk into the room and see him on the bed.

"Rosalina..."

"Y-yes."

He says silent, looking down. "Where were you going, who or what was so important that you had to drive drunk?" I asked, choked up and he doesn't respond.

"You could've died, Alec?"

"I was on my way to you. I just wanted to see you."

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." I repeat over and over hoping it'll make a difference as he slowly sits up in the hospital bed.

"Come here." He says softly. I slowly walk up to him and stand at the side of his bed. I look around at him in pain.

"Why would you drive in that state? What if you would've died? I can't lose you too. I can't keep losing people, Alec." I let out, sobbing. He grabs me and lays me next to him.

It felt good being held by him.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have driven like that. I just needed to see you." He says, moving a strand of hair from my face.