Chapter Thirty-Eight: Future

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

"Lee, how the fuck am I supposed to sneak out of here?" I grit angrily, pacing back and forth. "That's not my problem, get here or the child dies. Monday." He reiterates nonchalantly before hanging up.

I look down and see he's texted me the phone number.

965-737-8283.

I quickly memorize it before deleting the text message.

FUCK.

WHAT EXACTLY AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

Alec won't leave me alone for more than 10 minutes. Shit.

I hear the door open as Alec walks in. I turn around and smile as he walks up to me. "Don't worry, we will find him." He promises, giving me a hug. I hold onto him like it's the last time I'm going to see him because I'm pretty sure it is.

I go downstairs and see Abel's parents crying and worried. I watch up to his teary eyed mother, pulling her into a hug.

"I promise you. I will bring your son back, unharmed." She looks confused but that wasn't for her to decipher. It's a promise.

"Why don't we get some rest, we will continue the search tomorrow. We don't want to jump to conclusions. This isn't the first time he's gone missing." Axel says, everyone starts laughing.

"Yeah this is like number 54" Alec's mother says laughing and it takes all of me not to breakdown. We all get ready for bed as I lay down next to Alec.

I have no idea how to do this.

How to say goodbye to someone without even saying it.

Instead of me leaning into him, I wrap my arms around Alec trying to soothe him to sleep faster. "I love you more than can describe." I whisper softly as I run my fingers through his hair.

"I love you more than life itself butterfly." He murmurs as he falls asleep. A tear falls from my eye at the thought of leaving him.

Everything good that's happened to me has been because of him. Why was this so hard to do? I can't sacrifice a child for my happiness.

This time I can't choose me.

I'm so sorry.

I get up slowly, only taking the essentials. I take the cash in his wallet so he can't track me. It's about 4,000 dollars. That will work.

I grab a piece of paper writing on it. I place my mothers ring on the paper and leave my phone.

I walk through the house trying not to make a sound. When I finally get outside, I hot wire a car down the street from the house.

I drive the car, banging my fist against the wheel, crying. I stop the car at a motel about an hour away and just sit there.

I'm never going to see him again.