Chapter Eighteen: Family Reunion

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I've been so excited about going to Spain, I didn't even realize that to get there we are traveling in a plane.

Reality hits me and my movement slow.  A plane takes off as Alec grabs my hand.

"Ready?" Yeah totally, ready to die in the air.

"Yeah." My answer is short. I get up the stairs, heading inside. Classy yet modern furniture everywhere. It doesn't look like the planes I see in movies or the ones I've experienced. "Someone could live in here." I state.

I mean it's cute but it's still going thousands of feet in the air.

The pilot welcomes us before showing us to the back room. "We'll be back here until we're about to land." There is a two seater couch and a desk for working.

"You work too much." I release, pointing to the desk. "That I do." Is his only response.

I take a seat, crossing my legs over one another, looking out the window. My hands tangled in one another.

I try to slow my breathing so when we take off, I'm at least calm. I close my eyes, taking in slow breaths.

It's just a plane.

I look up expecting to see him engrossed in work but instead he's sitting against his desk with his palms holding the edge, staring at me.

"Ready to tell me what's wrong?" He smirks at me and I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"I'm fine."

"You're lying." Of course I'm lying.

"I'm afraid of flying." Grinning from ear to ear, he takes a seat next to me. "I know." He says, taking a long breath.

"What?" I've never told him that nor has he even seen me on a plane.

"I asked your uncle if there was anything you didn't like before he brought you." I smile to myself a little before taking a dramatic sigh.

"I knew you had a heart in there somewhere Alec." He pushes mess we both laugh for moment. "What don't you like about planes?" He clasps his hands together looking forward.

"I don't like the runway. The taking off and landing. It's just terrifying."He kisses my forehead when the plane starts to move.

Nope.

"We should get in a seat, yeah?" I stammer, standing up to find a seat only for him to grab my hips, straddling me into him.

He kisses me, running his hands down to my hips, gripping me tightly. I always got lost with him. I just wanted more and more and more.

Why would I possibly want to stop this?

His lips, soft and sweet like a pillow as he kisses me deeply. The plane starts to turn and I stop to look out the window.