Bonus: Back Again 2

YOUMIN

"I want to drink."

"...what?"

"Can I?"

"Youmin, what are you talking about? Have you gone mad?" He says, voice sharp. "You know what it'll do. You've seen it before."

We were back at the base. Namjoon had been really happy with how successful the mission had turned out yesterday, and had given us a day to ourselves.

We were just here, because we didn't have anything to do.

"But it's our day off."

"And you're telling me you want to drink?"

I nod. "Mhm."

"Why?"

"Because..." My voice trails away at his stare. I'd known that this would be hard. We had a bad history with alcohol— ever since that day I'd nearly gotten poisoned by it from some other UDT soldiers.

Crossing my fingers behind my back, I shuffle over to my bag set in the corner and carefully shift through the wraps.

Then I slowly line out three pretty bottles. One is a rose-colored champagne— another one a crystal wine, and the last bottle full of golden alcohol.

"Wait, stop." I say, a blush slowly climbing my neck at his gaze. "Let me explain."

"So you know how we saved the life of the Councillor last night?" I quickly say, before he can interrupt even a little bit. "He was really thankful later, and turns out he really enjoys drinking."

"He gave these to me as thank-you gifts, for me and you. And they look really pretty and all, so I was wondering..."

I glance up. At least his expression's softened a bit from the why-in-the-hell-do-you-have-those look that he was giving me earlier.

"Youmin."

He crouches down to meet my eyes.

"But you know drinking's prohibited inside the base."

I lick my lips.

"I...about that," I laugh awkwardly. "I got permission from Namjoon. He said it was okay, just this one time."

He laughs in disbelief. "You got permission?"

I nod.

He sits across from me. Then he picks up one of the bottles between his fingertips, his dark eye scanning the label. I wait in anticipation as he places the bottle back down on the ground.

He can't hide the amused look on his face. "Why did you want to drink this with me?"

"Because it's our gift. And I trust you."

"You trust me?" He echoes. "You shouldn't."

I flush even deeper at the slightly playful tone of his voice. "Taehyung, come on."

"Alright, fine." He consents, and I look back up with a smile. "We'll start with the champagne."

"I got glasses, too."

His eye widens slightly when I present two wine glasses, pushing them between us.

"You really came prepared, didn't you?"