A Promise

YOUMIN

Instructor Yoongi?

I'd never exactly known how good Instructor Yoongi was, with knives and combat. I'd never seen it before.

But it must rival V's.

The moment he catches sight of Taehyung, he whips out a knife and hurls it straight over his shoulder. He takes complete advantage of the split second the man has to react and draw the knife over Taehyung's neck.

The knife slams into his chest. He stumbles back, crashing into the wall behind him. Before I even take another breath, Instructor Yoongi has thrown two more.

He dies within seconds.

"Done. Where's Jungkook?"

That easily.

I watch, completely stunned as he cuts my binds free with two swift slashes.

"O-Other room, I think."

"Nice. Get Tae and get out of here. Hyung's got all the cameras in this area locked down."

Hyung?

But the priority.

I get to my feet. Taehyung sways forward, and I catch him just in time before he falls, my hands wrapping around his shoulders. He's hurt— so hurt that he can't even keep himself upright.

The corners of my eyes burn with tears.

"Let's go. Let's get out of here."

He silently leans into my side when I help him stand up. Biting harshly on my lip, I pull him closer and wrap a protective arm around his waist as I lead him out of the room.

The halls are empty.

Recalling my blurred memory, I trace my steps back out the door. It's such a clean coast— so clean it's nearly unbelievable.

All the cameras locked down.

Had Instructor Yoongi been talking about Namjoon?

"Jin?" I whisper, clicking at the device in my ear.

I'd lost connection with him a while
ago, and I purse my lips when I don't get it back.

Instructor Yoongi had told me to wait, get myself and Taehyung hidden in the forests outside the base until he found us.

So I quickly pull him into the darkness of the trees, feeling his cold hand.

I ease him down to the ground.

"Hey— Instructor."

My voice is so timid. At first he doesn't look like he's heard me. But then his eyes flutter open; fingers tightening over my palm.

"I...told you not to come."

I freeze.

"I told you not to." He says, voice so much thinner than usual. "Jungkook— and your other friend. Did you...pull them into this? Did you know how dangerous this could've been?"

And my eyes start to sting when he fixes a dark eye in my direction.

"You could've died."

His other's broken.

"I didn't teach you to be like this."

__________________________

"Noona?"

After we'd gotten back to the base, I'd been avoiding everyone. Even Jungkook, because seeing him meant seeing his wrist.