Answer: Ending

YOUMIN

Taehyung looked like a child.

We were out in the streets of Daegu, and he looked so lost— like he didn't know what to do. After all, it was his first time out of UDT.

He'd only agreed because of me. Because I'd begged him to come for the rare time off that we were given.

"You can come stay at our place."

"What place?" He repeats, his eye focusing. The other is closed, a faint scar running through it.

"Yours?"

I nod. "I'll show you Jimin."

He looks down at me with a raised eyebrow, making my lips curve into a wide smile.

"My baby brother."

"The one who you traded with?"

"Yeah, that's the one." I laugh, before my laughter cuts off with a sneeze. It was cold out— and no matter how much I'd experienced cold as a trainee, I could never get used to it.

Taehyung covers my hand with his.

There's a light blush on my face when he slips his hand and mine into his jacket pocket.

And for the next five minutes, it's a comfortable silence.

My side softly presses into his, and I don't feel cold anymore for the rest of the way. And it's so nice.

It feels like—

It feels like we're dating.

But I shake out of that thought, turning my focus more on leading him the right direction to my place.

"Is it here?"

I nod, pulling him into the small house. Mom's shoes are nowhere to be seen, so she must be out late— for a shift.

And Jimin.

"Jimin!"

There's quietness that follows. Taehyung tenses besides me, his fingers unconsciously tightening around mine.

Then a soft, excited voice pipes out from behind the door.

"Noona!"

He rushes out to hug me, but then skids to a stop when he sees the man next to me. And it nearly makes me laugh— to see Taehyung shift awkwardly.

He really was good at nothing else outside the special forces.

"This is Taehyung. He's also UDT."

"H-Hi." Jimin says, shyly waving. "I mean, hello. Are you, uh..."

He tilts his head. "Are you my sister's boyfriend?"

My eyes widen. And I'm about to shake my head, because this was just gonna make my mentor more uncomfortable than he already was.

"I am."

The words stop at my mouth.

"Really?" Jimin says, his voice high with excitement. "I thought Noona was never gonna get one, honestly! I'm so glad that—"