Apprentice

YOUMIN

"Kim Seokjin! Jeon Jungkook!"

I giggle behind my hand when they both look up in surprise. I knew that they'd get called out.

"I told you to stop messing around." I laugh when they come back soaked with a frown on their face.

Jungkook pouts.

"It's his fault. He keeps babying me, and I have higher scores than him."

"You do not."

"Do so." Jungkook says, sticking out his tongue. And I quickly warn them, worried that they were going to get caught for the second time.

But I hear them hiss back at each other the entire time Instructor Namjoon explains the group activity.

"Do not."

"Do so."

"You freaking bunny-looking toddler. You still have chubby cheeks."

"And you have short legs!"

I sigh.

"Today your groups will be simulating a battle with paintball guns." Namjoon says, an amused look in his eyes at the sighs of relief.

"But these paintball guns will hurt just as much as real bullets. They just won't kill you."'

Jungkook whimpers from behind me.

"It'll hurt...just as much?"

"Last one standing wins points for their group. If you're hit, get immediately out of the simulation grounds."

I turn to comfort a shaken Jungkook when he finishes talking.

"Don't worry. It can't possibly hurt as much as an actual bullet. Besides, you're good at shooting!"

"I told you." Jin smirks, patting Jungkook's head. "You're a baby."

Jungkook's eyes are wide with anger as he whips back.

"I said I'm not!"

Here they go again.

"Aw, don't worry." Jin says, laughing slightly. "I'll protect you from all the painful bullets, Kookie. I promise~"

He ends up getting thrown over on his back.

_________________________

I...

I kind of knew this would happen.

"Three down." Jungkook hisses under his breath as he cocks back his gun, aiming it over his shoulder. "Four. Watch flank, hyung. A fifth might be coming."

I laugh, knowing he'd completely gotten the front.

"Right. Just keep doing what you're doing, Kookie."

Jin had gotten shot a long time ago— by Jungkook, who'd decided he couldn't take his constant babying anymore.

He'd just shot him right in the chest.

And I'd nearly died laughing when that had happened.

"Hyung, down!"