|•~{Chapter Forty Four}~•|

He opened his mouth to form a sentence, though only stutterings could be heard, "I- baby I- this-".

Blinking her eyes she looked at him, "Are you hiding something from me?"

"Y/n. Give it to me." He spoke stepping forward.

Though she hide it behind her before stepping back, "N-no. Answer me. Whose is this?" She questioned again as he sighed.

"I can't tell you, princess. Be a good girl and give it to me." he spoke walking toward her as he tried to take the bag from her.

She looked at him as he checked the stuff inside the bag and sighed in relief after some minutes.

Hurt by his behaviour, she just decided to leave him alone and walk to the kitchen, "I'll serve the plate you can come eat." She spoke without looking at him.

Though jungkook had no notice of that, he just walked to the kitchen.

Though soon lifting up his face, he looked at the woman present, who placed a plate in front of him.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" He questioned.

"No. I already ate." She lied before moving away from him, ready to leave as he quickly held her hand stopping her.

"At least accompany me while I eat" He requested.

Sighing softly after hearing him she sat down on a chair beside him as she watched him eat slowly and answered the questions he asked.

"Whose bag was that?" She tried again as jungkook looked at her for a brief second before looking away.

"That wasn't yours, so don't concern yourself." He answered.

"I know that wasn't mine. That's why I am asking you.." She mumbled, though he heard her.

"It... I-it was my secretary's. Yes. It was hers." he answered, awkwardly blinking his eyes as he quickly finished up the last bite of the food.

"Ok" she spoke, getting up as she took his plate and walked to the kitchen.

Sighing in relief, jungkook rested back scared though he failed to notice that his wife got upset with him.

After washing the dishes and sulking the whole time, she tried her hands before walking toward the room.

To her surprise, jungkook wasn't present in the room.

"Probably working." She spoke lowly before walking toward the bed, finding the bag placed on it.

She picked up the bag to put it into jungkook's closet. Just when she was about to put the bag inside, her gaze fell on the laced material kept inside the bag making her to furrow her eyebrows.

Bringing the material out of the bag she froze as she realized what it was.

(Y/n POV)

My eyes started tearing up as I realized this bag had a lingerie set in it.

Is this his secretary?

My gaze moved up as I heard jungkook's voice, "oh where did this came from?" He asked making me more upset.

"It came from this Jeon jungkook!" I spoke throwing the bag on the floor as the other things inside it fell outside of the bag.

"Wha- it- what? H-ho-"

"Ask yourself! Your secretary's bag has this insi-" I tried speaking through my trembling lips as I looked down, gulping the lump that had formed inside the throat.

Though my gaze fell upon something else that lie in the bag as well.

"T-this?" I picked up the card, that had written a 'I love you' on it.

"Is this why you didn't w-want me to see the bag, jungkook?" I wished he would speak something but the silence he had, it broke my heart.

"Y-you don't l-love me anymore?" I whispered as I questioned him.

He just stood there looking at the lingerie and the card. So I just picked up all the stuff and placed it inside the bag before putting it into his closet.

"I'm sorry I looked through your and your secretary's stuff" I spoke ready to leave the bedroom as I walked past him, though he stopped me by holding my wrist.

What did he want now after my heart is broken?

"N-no Ch-erish. This- no that bag, It- the things ins-"

"You have no right explanation for that jungkook. Let me go." I spoke, looking away from him as I didn't want to cry in front of him.

I'm too tired of doing that.

"Shut up. I'm speaking. Tha- the bag isn't my secretary's" He spoke making me look at him as my tears were already pouring down my face by now.

"Babe. B-baby. No. Plea-se don't cry, love." He spoke frowning.

"I swear. It wasn- can you please sit and let me explain? Please darling. I really need to explain it to you." He asked for my permission.

He should have explained when I was waiting for him to explain.

"no. What explanation could be there, jungkook? That bag isn't mine. It belongs to another lady. Someone who loves you and someone you love." I spoke as he shook his head nervously.

"no no. N-no baby love. My secretary is a male. That bag isn't his. I'm only yours and I only belong to you. Please listen to me."

"Please just listen to me once, princess." He spoke again as he tried to hold my hand.

I didn't want him to. So I pulled my hand back. Noticing the expression of hurt in his eyes, I decided to listen to him as I nodded my head, wiping off my tears with my palm.

"Okay" I agreed as he nodded, making me sit on the bed as this time I let him touch me.

He crouched down and looked away from me before looking at me again with a hurtful expression, "Where did I fail to earn your trust, y/n? That you don't trust me enough to know that I wouldn't cheat on you." He asked me.

His words made me feel embarrassed as I felt more upset with myself than I was with him.

"Jungkook that ba-"

"That bag, my sweetheart, was supposed to be yours." He spoke making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

••••

What's a song you're currently listening to a lot?
I really like present by song Yerin🤭

I hope you enjoyed!! <3❤