42

Cassidy's Pov
I took a small nap since I didn't really get much sleep last night. The 400 was about third to last. So I had enough time.

Anna on the other hand is nearly sun burnt. I realize she also was filming TikToks. I knew she was popular and famous I just never mentioned and asked. I didn't want to be in a video I have social anxiety but I also is camera shy.

"Hey. You sleep good?" Anna asked me as she sat down next to me.

"No not really but I'll take what I can get." I said and she smiled.

"Are you glad your skipping school." She asked me and I shrugged.

"I really shouldn't be missing school." I said.

"Everyone needs a break. I'm sure you'll be fine." She said and I nodded.

She laid her head on my shoulder watching people run a mile.

"Your gonna burn in daylight you need more sunscreen." I said to her and she laughed.

"I'm gonna burn either way it doesn't matter sadly." She said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You my friend. Have nothing to be sorry for." She said and I nodded.

I realize what came to mind. That night. We haven't talked about that night and u didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Or rather she didn't want to make it uncomfortable for me.

"Are we... gonna talk about what happened that night after team dinner?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"We can if you want." She said and I shrugged.

"I wanna clean things up... I had no feelings towards that." I said and I just have said something wrong because her eyes shifted down. Like she was upset when I said that.

"Your the only person I feel comfortable with and I'm sorry." I said playing with my fingers.

"You have nothing to be sorry again. You need to stop saying that." She said as I felt her pull a hair behind my ear.

"I just don't want to ruin the relationship we already have..." I said.

"Your friendzoning me." She asked and I shrugged.

"Unfortunately I don't know what that means." I said.

"It means when a friend likes you. You turn them down because you don't wanna thing the relationship you have with them. Just like what your doing." She said and I looked everywhere but her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you liked me..." I said.

"It's okay... I can wait." She said and I shook my head no.

"Don't wait. I don't plan on falling in love with anyone anyways." I said and she frowned.

"I kinda is wanting to wait for a right person instead of going through so many people of heartbreaks." I said.

"Your playing the careful game instead of dangerous. That's smart. Your smart." She said and I shook my head.

"I'm not smart. I'm failing my classes and I'm surprised I was able to go to the meet." I said.

"I can help you if you want." She asked me.

"You know that would be grateful." I said and she nodded.

"Thanks... for understanding." I said and she nodded.

"Of course." She said.

~~~~~~

In the 400 Anna didn't run as fast because she couldn't move her arm as much.

She told me to continue and don't worry about her. I made it within third and than took car of Anna's wounds by recharging.

I've noticed I can't read people's emotions very well. Im really not a good friend because I can't understand much. The only thing I'm good for is sports and that's not good.

Im not school smart and I'm not very talkative which means I don't listen often either. I overthink on why I don't have friends. And I wish I could change things around.

"Hey... you good?" I heard as Zoey snapped fingers in my face.

"Huh... what I'm okay. Where's Anna?" I mumbled looking around.

"She went to the bathroom." She said sitting next to me.

"I see you two have gotten a lot closer." She said and I felt bad.

"Is this because I Uh... what's the word. Friend zoned you?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"When did that ever come up. Who gave you that idea." She said and I could sense some anger in her voice.

I can read emotions through voice but not with what I physically see.

"Uhm Anna?" I muttered.

"That's stupid. I didn't break off with you just because you friendzoned me." She said and I questioned her.

"Than why..." I asked.

"Because. I can't ever make other friends with me hanging around you. I couldn't have just one friend." She said truthfully.

"I used the friendzoned as an excuse to get away from you because you needed to learn how to make friends." She said and I could feel a sense of hurt inside of me.

I was blocking her from making other friends. And that's what I'm probably doing with Anna...

"You need to learn how to make friends. I wanted you to do it on your own to see what kind of friends you liked having around." She said.

"But I don't wanna make friends. I'm okay with being alone." I said looking down.

I had dug my nails into the palm of my hand...

"Being alone is good. But being alone for the rest of your life isn't healthy. You want to surround yourself with friends. So you can talk to people." She said.

"But I don't wanna talk to anyone I'm fine with being alone!" I said and she was taken back from the raise of my voice.

"What's going on?" I looked to see Anna...

A/n

Pov: you failed every test you had to take today and than had a panic attack 5 times in one day :)