6

Baili Qingmiao took the pile of treasures and returned to the sect to cultivate for the night, but she felt uneasy for some reason. She found that her cultivation had increased from the second to the seventh layer of Qi Foundation. She believed that this was all due to the guidance of the senior.

The education she received since childhood taught Baili Qingmiao that even the grace of a drop of water should be repaid and that she should not sit back and enjoy her success. So she requested to see her master and told her that she wanted to go down the mountain to gain experience.

Baili Qingmiao's master Elder Qing Rong was a female cultivator. Most of the female disciples in Shangqing Sect were under her tutelage. Shangqing Sect didn't prohibit dual cultivation. They just warned all disciples that dual cultivation should only be practiced after reaching Nascent Soul stage. It gave hope to those students whose state of mind was uncertain, and made them work harder. Not to mention that when cultivators entered the Nascent Soul stage, their state of mind would also enter another realm. The feelings of immature infatuations would be weakened and only the true feelings would remain, which would also help the students see their hearts clearly, so that they would not hurt themselves when their cultivation was still low.

Shangqing Sect had always believed that a restriction was better than a ban. Instead of forbidding the disciples to fall in love with each other secretly, it was better to give priority to guidance which would not stimulate the rebellious mentality of the disciples.

The effect of this sect rule was good. Some disciples, in order to be honest with their sweethearts, worked hard to advance in their cultivation. The atmosphere in the whole sect was therefore positive.

When Elder Qing Rong heard that her favorite little disciple was determined to go out to practice alone, she smiled with relief, patted Baili Qingmiao's palm and said, "I was worried that you would be reluctant to leave your elder martial brother, and wouldn't go out alone."

"Ah, Shifu~" Baili Qingmiao blushed and hugged Elder Qing Rong's arm.

When Elder Qing Rong saw that her little apprentice finally realized it, she felt very relieved and nodded. "It's good to be motivated. You're a rare genius. If I hadn't stopped you, because I didn't want you to build your foundation too early I'm afraid you would have reached Qi Foundation stage when you were twelve or thirteen years old. After reaching Qi Foundation, your body wouldn't have grown up until you reached Nascent Soul stage. Would you like practicing for a hundred years looking like a twelve or thirteen year old?"

Baili Qingmiao was a little embarrassed. She had been young at that time and didn't understand anything. If she looked like a twelve or thirteen years old, it would be terrible for her elder material brother to guide her like a father with a daughter.

Elder Qing Rong told Baili Qingmiao not to go to too dangerous places after going down the mountain. In case of a critical situation, she should immediately summon help. She should observe more and not try to be brave. After a lot of detailed instructions, she was given a self-defense weapon, which could protect its master from the attack of a Spirit Transformation stage cultivator. When she felt that there was no detail left to mention, she asked Baili Qingmiao to go to the Deacon Hall with her token to register.

There were many disciples in Shangqing Sect and it was necessary to have a clear record of everything. Baili Qingmiao's experience should usually take between half a year and a year. When it expired, the elders of the sect would try to find her whereabouts, which also gave some kind of protection to the disciples of the sect.

As the senior disciple, He Wenchao also had a position in the Deacon Hall. So when it was his turn to take over the token brought by Baili Qingmiao, he held it for a moment. "Junior Martial Sister, are you going down the mountain alone?"