7

Baili Qingmiao's character was connected to her previous life's identity. No one in her previous life dared to lie in front of her and her devastating strength made her unbothered if others told the truth

or lied. Regardless, she never wanted to hear a word, so as a result, in this life she had little ability to detect lies.

She never considered that the sudden appearance of an Elder might harm her. The Elder's cultivation was so profound that it was easy to kill a junior like her, so what was the point of setting her up?

When the fire feather cloak disappeared, Baili Qingmiao didn't think much of it. She thought that the reason why it disappeared was because the cold of the ice field of Wanli was too heavy and the spirit left by the fire feather cloak got exhausted and disappeared, or that she met a powerful monster in the ice field that took it away from her.

She used her cultivation to warm herself and walked through the endless white landscape.

Where should she look for the snow flame? Baili Qingmiao didn't have the slightest idea. All she knew was that the elder had asked her to go according to her own will and said she would find it one day.

The ice field of Wanli was covered with snow all year round. The sky was dark in the daytime and at night the snow reflected the light in the sky. It was hard to distinguish between day and night. Baili Qingmiao did not know how long she walked. She cried many times on the way, but she never gave up, not even once.

Shangqing Sect taught their disciples to keep their promises. Baili Qingmiao had made a promise to that Elder, and she would never betray her promise.

Without the flaming cloak, Baili Qingmiao soon fell in a pile of snow, and the sky was fluttering with heavy snow. She then slowly stretched out her frozen fingers to catch the snowflakes.

Located in the south of the Yangtze River, Shangqing Sect was the most spiritual place in Jiuzhou, with the four seasons being like spring and with very little snow. Baili Qingmiao, who was just 16 year old, believed that the snow that fell on the ground turned immediately into mud, so she had never seen snowflakes.

Baili Qingmiao pouted, somewhat angry, as she sat on the stone steps of the sect in a daze. Elder martial brother He Wenchao was on duty that day. Seeing his junior martial sister sitting in the snow with her knees folded, and her goose yellow dress already stained with mud, he asked, "Baili Qingmiao, why are you sitting here?"

"Looking at the snow," said Baili Qingmiao unhappily. "Such beautiful snow will soon melt. I'm unhappy to be unable to watch the snow fall."

He Wenchao smiled and stopped in his tracks, then said to his junior martial brothers and sisters who followed the patrol behind him, "How is your cold ice cultivation going? You might as well practice while it's snowing today."

After that, he took a dozen disciples to perform the cold ice cultivation at the same time. The area around Shangqing Sect was enveloped in cold air, the snowflakes no longer melted, but fell one by one on Baili Qingmiao.

"Happy birthday, Junior Martial Sister!" He Wenchao wished Baili Qingmiao with a warm smile.

Baili Qingmiao heard the sound of snow falling and the uncontrollable loudness of her own heartbeat, and only then did she know that she had fallen for her elder martial brother.

The snow of the ice field of Wanli would not melt even without cold ice cultivation. It fell and buried Baili Qingmiao in the snow. The bright yellow dress could no longer be seen.

Baili Qingmiao closed her eyes in the snow, tears frozen on her face, as she whispered, "Elder Martial Brother, wuwuwuwu......"

A voice sounded in her ears, "What an infatuated girl! Thinking about your lover?"