48- You remind me of someone a lot

"Answer me!"

Out of impatience and concern, the young woman raised her tone. Scowling in displeasement at the silence from the man. It finally brought Lorcan back into reality. "I am fine. You don't have to apologize" he responded with a calm expression. Disappointing Mia somehow.

"Why did you leave without notifying?" She asked at last. Pondering the reason behind this man's silence. "There was nothing to inform" Lorcan answered sharply. Completely bugging the young woman who believed he would ask for help at least.

"You were injured. Not to mention how you were in condition of losing life if you did not treat your wound. You should have told about the injury at least!" Frustration started to swallow Mia. Making the young woman raise her tone at the man without awareness.

It hushed down Lorcan. The way she furiously lectured him reminded him of someone. "I apologize. I will notify next time" he slightly bowed his head. "No! There will be no next time!" Mia protested. Causing the man to nod in agreement. He just followed her words.

"Did you buy them to make dinner?" Mia asked while looking down at the bags which the man was gripping. She had taken her hands back from holding his arms now. "Yes" Lorcan answered shortly. Annoying the young woman entirely. He did not even bother to invite.

How disappointing.

Mia truly believed the man was heartless and lacked at socializing. But in fact, Lorcan was swallowing the words from escaping his words as if he was restraining himself back from crossing the line. Of course, he was about to ask her to join the dinner.

However, he felt like he should not. Inviting a woman over to an apartment where a man lived only, could be seen as inappropriate invitation. And he was sure she would refuse since she also seemed to be aware of the fact that it was inappropriate to step into a man's home.

The young woman let out a quiet sigh. It appeared the man had no more words to say other than yes. "Now that I have checked your condition, is there anything else you require? Like money or something you want?" Mia tilted her head and queried.

Staring up into the eyes of the man with doed eyes. It made Lorcan let out a cough promptly. He could not handle this much. "I don't need money nor something. Everything is fine" the man replied. Earning a nod back from the young woman. "Do you want to meet your girl?"

Out of the blue, Mia questioned in a serious tone. Stunning the man wholly so that his eyes slightly widened. "Um, I fear I don't understand" he furrowed his brows instantly. "You said there is a girl you like. I am certain you are craving to see her face in time like this at least"

Mia voiced.

Hushing down the man. "You do want to meet her, right? I can take you to her" the young woman claimed with a tranquil expression. There was no smile on her face though. "I have already seen her" Unexpected response from the man stunned Mia entirely.

Causing her eyes to widen. He had met with her?! What did this supposed to mean?! "Wait, do you live with her? Or does she live in this apartment too? Are you two dating already?" Questions from the young woman started to attack. Making the man let out a quiet sigh.

"She isn't even aware" Lorcan murmured. "Oh.." it was when Mia fell into silence. Not knowing what to say next since silence was loud. "I am sorry to hear" She mumbled through the awkwardness. "Shouldn't you return back? I am certain you sneaked out to come here"

Lorcan stated with a slight frown. His words caught the young woman right at the spot. "Well, I wanted to see you. Of course, I only had an option to sneak out" Mia confessed, not knowing how her words had shaken the whole heart of the man. She just drove him crazy easily with words.