t h i r t y o n e

"You just love me now because of them. Huh. So if they never existed, would you still feel the same?" She asks, eyes wide while her tears started rolling down her cheek.

"Y/n, that's not--"

"That's how I understood it, Katsuki." She looks down.

"Just as when I'm starting to think of forgiving you and agreeing with you to live in with you and the kids. Despite what you said about taking my kids away from me," She shook her head and her eyes quickly diverted to his.

"--If you ever forbid me from coming near the kids I will break my promise and fucking take them, and I will make sure you never see them again,"

His words were imprinted into her brain.

It was as if she memorized the exact volume of his voice, the rise and fall in his tone. Word by word. She remembers it.

She thought about it hard. There was no way in hell that she was just gonna let him take the twins away.

The twins were her life. She gave life to the both of them and they kept her alive as she struggled to raise them by herself all while working part time. No one was by her side. It seemed impossible, but she managed.

Because she was strong.

And she wasn't gonna let some problems ruin her and her babies' lives.

The same way she was never gonna let Katsuki take her kids away.

But she thought about it.

She thought of what All Might had said. What her mother said. What Izuku said.

Was she really gonna let Katsurin and Katsuya grow up without a father?

She was willing to give everything up just for her kids to be happy. And that includes being in a relationship with a man she was starting to fall for.

A man named Shoto Todoroki.

She was willing to reject him and agree with Katsuki to move in and talk things over, all for the happiness and the sake of the twins.

But after hearing those words leave his mouth, everything changed.

"You will never, ever, see my kids ever again. You're treating them as some sort of leverage to get me back or some shit, not because you want to become a good father for them?! You're using them?! For what, Katsuki? Is it really worth it?!!"

"Y/n, it's not--"

"Nothing can ever change my mind now, Katsuki. You've dug your grave deeper. If I see you come near me or my kids after this mission, I will give up on my goal of getting into the hero rankings again, just so I could take my kids in some place far from you, where you will never, ever see them again." She spat out with venom, and she quickly left the office to calm herself down.

To say that Katsuki messed up would be an understatement. Katsuki fucked up, big time.

Not only he was gonna lose Y/n, but he was losing his kids. Their kids.

The chance of being a good father towards them. The chance of taking care of them. The chance of tucking them into bed at night. The chance of taking them to school and kissing their little heads goodbye. The chance of teaching Katsurin on using his quirk. The chance of ever seeing Katsuya manifest her quirk.

He just lost all those chances.

He certainly lost the chance to win Y/n over, and lost the chance of ever marrying her.

All because of a stupid contest between him and Shoto.

He wanted to point all the blame to Shoto. But he knew he was at fault. If he wasn't so adamant about winning her over, this wouldn't have happened.

He was at fault.  And for someone like Katsuki to admit something this big, it hurt everything within him. His ego, his pride, his confidence, his self esteem, everything about him.