jesse - not yet!

<3 — mei's sister meets jesse at a concert, SORT OF LIKE MY TAE YOUNG ONE
꒰⚘݄꒱ — no warnings, just canon
💌 — requested by @AshleyLaa! I HOPE U ENJOYYYY SORRY THIS WAS SO LATE! <3

you only wanted to protect mei from your mother. you were cast aside, yet your sister helped you prevail against her and you wanted to help her. you brought your panda back so you didn't have to hide either and took mei to the concert along with her friends. since you were an adult at that point, you hadn't enjoyed the concert as much as your sister and her friends. the way they awed in adoration at the idols made you so happy, mei finally got to be herself. you were upset you held back for so long but she stood up for herself and she will for her friends, you were so proud.

you hadn't been far too interested in it, sort of just keeping an eye on the girls and tyler. it took you back to when you were younger, fangirling over certain bands. it made your heart swell, but you're sure you felt a pair of eyes on you. it made you jump when the boy's voices had come closer, wings on them and they're floating down to the audience. it scared you in all honesty, what was that? it shocked you to your core and made you jump. yet mei had been reaching for robaire's hand, the fangirling intense at that moment. yet, a loud voice screamed out your sister's name, making you jump even more.

she chased down your sister and yet every attempt you made to stop her, it seemed powerless. you assisted your dad in making the circle, speeding up the process while mei distracted your mother. you began the chant, mei and her friends singing along with the boy band. you had been the second biggest red panda, therefore making you the stronger of the girls. you pulled your mother into the center of the circle and quickly got transported next to your mother. she was crying about how she was never enough, just how you felt.

you felt as if there was nothing you could do, being overshadowed by your own younger sister. you felt pathetic, you did everything she asked so why did you not get the treatment your sister had? you didn't cry with her. you understood what she meant and you were casted aside. she apologized to you, the feelings of never reaching the top of the bar after doing everything and more coming back. she knew she could never fully make it up to you but she won't stop trying. "will- will- you get rid of your panda?" she mumbled, walking with you and mei. "i won't be getting rid of my panda. mei-mei opened my eyes and i'm ready to be more than just a puppet." you stated, a small smile on your face to reassure her.

it was silent the rest of the way back, your mom asking for the two of you to come with her. you denied that and returned to your realm with your sister soon after. your sister and her friends took pictures with 4*town, constant apologies slipping out of your mother. one of them walked up to you, "meilin's sister, i presume?" the boy you assumed was jesse asked. "yeah. nice to meet you." you weren't so worked up about it, leaving your hand out to shake his. what you didnt expect was jesse to lightly hold your hand, and his lips to ghost over your palm. the moment his pink lips ghosted your knuckles, his blue orbs looked into yours.

"definitely a gentleman," you approved. "of course, only for you." jesse flirted with you, the man was obviously extremely flirty at this moment in time. "oh my god, are you two dating!?" aaron t screamed, pointing at the two of you. priya on the other hand, looked devastated but also happy for you. "no. we're not together," jesse started, regaining his regular composure. "at least not yet!" he smiled, determination evident in his eyes.