7 - Ro | Hell is wherever this Angel is.

You know what, this is hell.

Sitting here, in accounting class, with this damned angel yapping in my ear. She's so disturbing that I can't even think straight, let alone concentrate on plotting my evil scheme.

And she's distracting Andrew so much that he can't concentrate on his studies.

That's supposed to be my job!

I still can't believe how she cheated at the football tryouts. Angels are supposed to protect their assigned humans and make sure they lead good lives, not use their powers to give them an unfair advantage and get them what they want. She even cheated unnecessarily to make sure I got on the team.

I'm starting to think that she's just really bad at her job.

"Rosie!"

"Don't call me that."

"But you look like a Rosie!"

"No I don't!"

"Let's name our company 'sparkly evil demon wings corp.' It describes both of us!"

"What company?" It sounds like it only describes her.

"For this next activity we have to make up a company name and then write the balance sheet for it." She stabs at the page of my open textbook. "It's perfect because I have sparkly wings and you're an evil demon."

"It's not a group activity," I snap.

"We can write it separately and still have the same name. And we can sell fun items like glitter bombs and skulls ornaments wearing flower crowns."

I title my balance sheet as 'company A' and list the items as Item A, Item B, and such.

"That's soo boring." Finny tips her chair at a precarious angle, peering over my shoulder.

Finny grabs my arm for balance and I pull away. I'm not accustomed to people getting in my personal space. She squeaks and topples over, the chair falling on top of her and trapping her to the ground. I would have felt bad but she's an angel so she can't feel physical pain. And also, she's annoying.

She tries to kick her chair off and accidentally kicks at Andrew's chair instead. He lets out a squeak and lands on the floor beside her. I reach over her to help him up but the angel grabs my hand, thinking I'm trying to help her. And then she yanks me so hard that I fall on top of her.

"You three have been disturbing my class for long enough!" The teacher marches over, a furious expression on her face. "I ignored your constant chatting, but this is simply unacceptable. I have no choice but to extend your detention."

I groan internally. I have so much paperwork left to do and I have to fill out a bunch of progress forms containing the details and activities of each day. Finny on the other hand looks thrilled.

Andrew scrambles to his feet, red-faced and messy haired. "I'm so sorry, miss, it was all my fault. It won't happen again."

None of it was his fault! It was all that angel. I feel like it's going to be an impossible challenge to get this boy sent to hell. It might be easier to get the angel sent there instead.

Finny accepts her detention extension gleefully, like it had been her plan all along. She situates herself back in her seat and then immediately starts talking again.

I'm starting to get a splitting headache and I don't know if it's because of her constant nattering or whether it's due to the fact that she literally banged me on the head earlier. She's an evil Hell-Angel.

I tug on my horns to ease the pain, but to the human it looks like I'm tugging my hair in frustration.

"Are you okay?" Andrew leans over the angel to softly whisper to me.

I blink back. "Uh. Yeah."

"The detention starts tomorrow and we have to stay after school for football practice anyway," he reminds me. "It's only an hour a day and practice starts at three so we won't be late."

Huh, I guess it's not really digging into my paperwork time in that case. Andrew smiles slightly as my expression relaxs, but he still looked a bit worried. I've closely studied his file so I know it's his first detention. I can't believe it was the angel who caused it.

She seems to be the causation behind everything that's bad in his life. I make a mental list in my mind.

It's still her first day and so far, she has:
-cheated his way onto the team
-disturbed his studies during every class so far
-kicked him to the ground
-gotten him his first detention
-and I'm sure she gave him a cold with all her cool air blowing, because he's currently sniffling and scrunching up in nose in discomfort.

"Ahhuh ungch." Andrew gives a tiny sneeze.

"Is that your sneezeee," the angel coos. "It's so tiny and cute."

He sneezes again and then flushes at the exertion. "How is it cute, I'm sick and dying."

Marie's eyes widen in horror, taking his comment in all seriousness. She grabs him by the shoulders and checks his pulse, as if a cold would affect it somehow. I wonder if angels don't have classes on basic human illnesses and cures. Then again, I've seen how much attention she pays in class.

Andrew lets her check his pulse but he stops her when she tilts his head up to inspect the inside of his nostrils. He sneezes again, all while insisting that he's fine. The angel looks so worried that I have a feeling she's currently forming some dumb plan on how to cure him.

"Rosie." She leans over to me and speaks right into my ear. "Blow your smoky dragon breath on him."

Yeah, I was right.

"Leave him alone. Don't you think you've done enough?"

"At least I'm trying to help," she argues. "Just blow your hot fire breath on him."

I blow some fire at her and it temporarily singes her wings.

She glowers at me. "Not that hot."

I roll my eyes upwards at the heavens that sent this terrible creature to torment me. Though I can't believe how badly I behaved myself. Angels and demons may not get along so well, but we're still expected to be civil to each other when we meet in the human realm. We mostly just ignore each other and get on with our work. I feel like being around her is bringing out the worst in me.

Ironic.

Singeing an angel's wings breaks the strict code of conduct. I'd be unassigned if Finny were to report me, and I'm sure she knows it too. It would make her job all the easier. Instead, she just kicks me under the table and then moves past the whole infraction.

Maybe she feels bad about bashing my head in earlier.

_______

A/N: I did a sketch of James just being fed up of life after dealing with Marie's annoyingness xP

~~~
Fun fact, my school only ever had one day of detention. It's a thing they tried to implement and it didn't work out cause we had too much fun there. Anyway, it was a nice experience and I'm glad I attended :)
Thanks for voting!