Chapter 7: Wedding Night!

"Ahhh!" A girl with light pink hair and lime green screamed in joy as she clasped her hands together. Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Hashira.

"Rengoku-san's getting married!" she exclaimed. "What a wonderful action of love."

"Oh my~ Who's the lucky girl?" Another girl with a butterfly ornament asked. Kocho Shinobu, the Insect Hashira.

"This wedding needs to be flamboyant!" A mascular man with a very tall stature grinned. Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira.

"Why am I here again?" A boy with black hair fading into mint green wondered out loud. Tokito Muichiro, the Mist Hashira.

"I pray for best wishes to come upon this wonderful day." A crying monk blessed. Himejima Gyomei, the Stone Hashira. "May the years ahead fill you with everlasting joy, Rengoku-san."

"Are any of you aware that this is only for show?" Another man with heterochromia eyes hissed. Iguro Obanai, the Serpent Hashira.

"Even so, the marriage is real, Iguro-san." Mitsuri corrected.

As they converse, a man with unruly black hair of uneven lengths stayed quiet like a ghost, he didn't even want to be here until a certain butterfly pulled her along. Tomioka Giyu, the Water Hashira.

"Why the hell all of you are here!?" Sanemi loudly asked.

"Well, we heard from the reports that Rengoku-san is getting married." Shinobu explained with her signature smile. "So, we came to see the very important occasion."

"This is a ceremony of love should be celebrated with peers and family." Mitsuri added with glee.

"Don't you all having fucking missions?" Sanemi asked once more.

"Most of us are on our day off." Shinobu answered.

"And our beloved Ubuyashiki-sama gave us permission." The Love Hashira joyfully stated.

"Tch." The Wind Hashira clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Enough with this unflamboyant chats." Tengen chimed. "Now tell us who's this lucky lady?"

"That's what I asked a while ago." Shinobu smiled wider.

"I still haven't met her!" Kyojuro boisterously replied.

There was a moment of silence in the air, as a single leaf blew away, passing above their heads.

"Hah!?" Most of the Hashira boomed in shock.

"Ara ara~"

"A blind love that fate matched!" Mitsuri suddenly squealed in joy. "How heart beating."

"Seriously?" Tengen questioned. "You don't know what your bride even looked like? How unflamboyant."

"The wedding was in a hurry," Kyojuro explained, his smile still on his face. "we didn't get to arrange any event to meet each other properly."

"Why are you all so worked up about this matter?" Obanai inquired. "I doubt this wedding would even continue after the demon shows itself."

"Don't be like that, Iguro-san!" Mitsuri whined. "Maybe the demon will not come and let this ceremony of love go on."

"Then what's the point of all of this." Sanemi scoffed.

And when the Love Hashira was about to say a come-back, shrine maidens suddenly knocked on their door. They politely informed them the wedding will soon start and they need to ready the groom.

The Hashiras understood and made their way out of the room. And they will also ready themselves for the upcoming wedding ceremony.

The darkness stretched its shadows to the once bright sky and devoured every light from the day. Stars then peeked out one by one, spreading across the hallow sky to lit up the evening heaven. Painting the abyss with glistering stardust