Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice

"How bold of you, little lady." The Demon sickly chuckled. "I never thought that I would meet a bride like you..."

"Tell me, are you that desperate to get married?" the demon asked. "That you secured everything, yourself, ruining my blood art and successfully becoming a wife."

"And what does my answer concern you." Fuyuko coldly spoke.

"Ohhh... you reminded me of my bride from so long ago..." The demon suddenly told as he smiled. "She is fierce too and can't wait to be wedded."

"However..." his smile suddenly fell, "she didn't show up in or wedding day and on this very same shrine I was abandoned by her. I was so sad when she left..."

"My bride ran away from me, and my sorrow became rage that when I see other brides walking down the shrine's path, I want to devour them so badly!" Saliva then drips from the demon's mouth as he reminisced devouring the brides that sadly met their demise.

"How can other brides are so happy with their grooms?!" the demon exclaimed in fury. "While I am here left alone! I want to devour them all!!!"

"Tch. Enough chit-chat you demon!" Sanemi snapped. "Let go of the girl! Come and fucking fight me already."

"I'm afraid I cannot." The demon unexpectedly declined. "I am occupied for a moment but my clones will keep you company in the meantime."

The demon's clones then started to emerged from the ground like a shadow coming to life. They all looked similar to the original but with average sized.

The clones then surrounded the Hashiras blocking their path to the original body of the demon and slimming their chance of saving Fuyuko before she gets eaten.

"Play nice with them, Hashiras." The Demon said. "It took me hours to create them, that's why I am super late but now that I am here, I'll make sure to enjoy munching this bride of yours hahaha!"

"So that's your story." Fuyuko coldly stated, earning a stare from the demon. "And do you really think you could devour me this easily?"

"Are you testing me little bride?" The demon chuckled. "How cute of you."

Fuyuko had enough, and swiftly plunged the knife, that has been hiding in the sleeve of her wedding kimono, deep into the demon's hand.

The knife has wisteria poison in its blade but the poisonous blade wasn't stabbed to the Demon's vital spots so the demon didn't receive any critical damage. However, the pain that the venom gives is thrice as much as being decapitated.

The pain struck the demon like lightning and he immediately screamed in agony as his grip loosened, and that is enough for Fuyuko to quickly wiggle her right arm from the demons hold. Now, with her free hand she swiftly took two of her sharp long hair stick that is also coated with wisteria poison, and throw it towards the demon's eyes as her white hair cascaded down her back.

And before the demon or the Hashiras could comprehend what is happening, blood then splattered from the evil creature's eyes as two pieces of floral ornaments came flying towards his sight, brutally pinning both of his eyeballs making him scream even more from the intense agony of pure pain.

The demon then accidentally throwed Fuyuko away as he brought all of his four hands to his face, desperate to find the needles that mercilessly stabbed his sight.

Rengoku watched in horror as the bride flung away from the demon's hold, and will soon land hard on the brick floor. He tried to reach her but before he could, he suddenly saw her flip in midair and successfully landed on her feet despite her long-heeled sandal.