Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal

"Goodmorning, everyone." Ubuyashiki greeted. "The weather is strikingly nice today. Perhaps with a blue sky? It please me to see all of you in this emergency Hashira Meeting without personnel changes."

In a second, Tanjiro was then forced to the ground. He then saw the other Hashira instantly kneeled down to pay their respect to the master. Along with Fuyuko who is right beside her husband.

"I am pleased to see you in good health, as well, Oyakata-sama." Sanemi was the first to greet among the pillars. "I fervently prayed for your continued good fortune."

"Thank you, Sanemi."

'I want to say that!' Mitsuri thought, 'Offer my greetings to the master.'

"With all due respect, Oyakata-sama, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Kamado Tanjiro, traveling with a demon."

"Right. I apologize for surprising you all." Ubuyashiki then addressed the situation. "About Tanjiro and Nezuko... I'd sanctioned their situation."

"And I'd also like you all to accept it."

"Ah. Even though it's what you request. Oyakata-sama, I cannot consent." Gyomei glasped his hands together and prayed, opposing the master's decision.

"I, too, must firmly oppose." Tengen flamboyantly pointed himself with his thumb. "A Demon Slayer traveling with a demon is unacceptable."

"I shall do whatever is it you wish, Oyakata-sama!" Mitsuri agreed.

"I'm fine either way..." Muichiro commented. "Since I'm going to forget anyway."

While Kocho, Giyu, and Fuyuko just stayed silent as the others expressed their judgement.

"I won't trust them. I won't trust them." Iguro stated while pointing at Tanjiro. "In the first place, I loathe demons."

"Although I respect you with all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Oyakata-sama!" Kyojuro reasoned. "I oppose it with everything I've got!"

"The Demon Slayers Corps' mission is to annihilate demons." Sanemi reminded. "I request that you punish both Kamado and Tomioka."

There was a moment of silence.

"Then, the letter..." Ubuyashiki asked.

"Yes."

His daughter then pulled a parchment from her kimono and read the abridged version of the letter. Stating that the former Water Hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji and the present Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyu will commit seppuku if Nezuko will happen to harm a human.

After the letter was read, Tanjiro couldn't help but let his tears fall down his eyes in glee and gratitude as he gaze at Giyu.

"So, what if they commit seppuku?" Sanemi questioned, still not accepting the situation. "If they want to die, then rot to death for all I care! It doesn't guarantee anything!"

"Shinazugawa is right!" Kyojuro agreed. "If she kills and eats a human it's irreversible!"

"The dead won't come back!" He firmly added.

"You do have a point." Ubuyashiki stated.

"In that case..."

"Oyakata-sama!"

"We can't guarantee that she won't attack humans. We can't prove it." Ubuyashiki uttered. "That said... we also can't prove that she will attack humans."

Sanemi was caught off guard.

"In fact is that Nezuko had refrained devouring humans for more than two years, and that there are three people staking their lives on her."