Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories

Amane stood up and opened the sliding door, a group of Hashiras then flooded the room and greeted Ubuyashiki as they knelt down and bow their heads.

Ubuyashiki smiled in satisfaction seeing his children well and alive, and in addition, their is a certain someone that will be joining their ranks.

"Goodmorning, my children." Ubuyashiki softly spoke. "In this Hashira Meeting, I am glad to announced that a slayer have climbed up the Hashira rank and shall be joining you today."

The crowed was filled with anticipation, except for Kyojuro who already knew who will it be. Nonetheless, he smiled widely as he waits.

"Rengoku, Fuyuko."

Fuyuko then stood up and proudly face the other hashiras behind her.

"She is now the 10th Hashira:" Ubuyashiki declared. "The Ice Pillar."

After Ubuyashiki's announcement, Fuyuko then found herself in another celebration, it was like what happened last night just repeated, but this time it is for her honor as the new hashira.

"For the Ice Pillar, Rengoku Fuyuko!" Tengen flamboyantly blared as he held his cup of alcohol.

"For Fuyuko!" The pillars happily toast while some just stayed silent like Fuyuko.

The ice hashira stared at the alcohol in front of her as she contemplated wether to drink it or not. She's not really a drinker, she already drank a few cups last night in means to not offend her companions but drinking again in an early morning is not really up to her taste.

Then she finally decide not to drink it, she already drank with them last night, she won't force herself in something she doesn't like.

"Is something wrong, Fuyuko?" Kyojuro's hush voice suddenly snapped Fuyuko from her train of thoughts.

"Your spacing out." He added while looking at her, worried.

Fuyuko didn't say a word and just pushed the cup of sake sideways towards her husband.

Kyojuro immediately knew what she meant and gave her a reassuring smile before raising the cup to his mouth and drinking the content with just one gulp.

Halfway to the party, Kyojuro then excused himself along with Fuyuko. Tengen wasn't pleased at all but after hearing Kyojuro's explanation that he needs to introduce his wife to his father and brother, Tengen understood and just let them go.

Fuyuko's ears perk upon Kyojuro's explanation, this news was so sudden. He never told her about this, but does it really matter to her if she gets his family's approval.

This marriage is just a coincidence that neither of them planned nor expected, and now she will soon meet the current head of the Rengoku clan, Shinjuro Rengoku.

She could never forget that name. Why? Because her father always cursed the said name like a rat skinned alive while beating her into a pulp.

With Tengen's approval, the couple then walk side by side towards the Flame Estate. The road was a comfortable silent, their are rarely any people passing by.

The sky is very blue with cotton white clouds, the sun shines beautifully high up, and the wind blows gently every now and then. Lightly swaying both white and golden hairs.

"The weather is lovely." Kyojuro complimented with a smile, hoping to spark a conversation with Fuyuko.

But Fuyuko only hummed as she nodded without a word.

After that, their travel was filled with comfortable silence. Fuyuko didn't say a word and Kyojuro respect his wife's introverted side as he too stayed silent to not annoy her.