Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro

"Rengoku-sama! Kazahana-sama!" Chiha called out as she ran towards the couple along with the Shrine priestess.

"Thank goodness you two are alright." She sighed in relief. "Thank you for finally freeing our shrine from the demon, now everything will soon be back to normal."

"You're welcome!" Kyojuro boisterously replied with his usual smile.

While Fuyuko, silently nodded to acknowledge the girl's gratitude.

"Please take this as a token of our appreciation." Saeko, the shrine priestess spoke.

She grabbed both Kyojuro's and Fuyuko's hand, bringing them close to each other as she swiftly slipped two matching bracelets in their wrists, and then entwined the couple's hands together before letting them go.

Fuyuko could feel the warmth of Kyojuro's hand in hers, and that warmth she felt traveled to her senses as a familiar feeling washed throughout her body once again, like a sea of forgotten memories that are yet to be remembered.

"It is only small trinkets but those bracelets are one of our shrine's treasures that should be given to the wedded couple that we blessed and adored the most." Saeko stated. "And you two are the ones that we are very thankful."

"Just think of it as our wedding gift." Chiha chimed.

"Of course!" Kyojuro replied. "Thank you."

While Fuyuko didn't say a word and just stared at the ornament in her fair wrist. The bracelet is adorned with red shiny stones, paired with pearls of crimson jades, and have Kyojuro's name carved in a circular-shaped gold. Their hands are still entwined and Fuyuko could clearly see her name carved in Kyojuro's bracelet.

"We hope for both of your happiness together." Saeko said. "The life of marriage has good and hard times but may the two of you be strong and stay by each other's side until death do you part."

Kyojuro nodded whole heartedly, he promised to never leave her side, he will do his best to be a great husband to his spouse. However, in Fuyuko's case, she doesn't really know what to do or what to say about this marriage stuff, but all the déjà vu's and strange feelings she felt around Kyojuro are too much for a mere coincidence. She knew that she knows him but she couldn't recall.

Fuyuko glanced at the smiling man beside him and she couldn't help but wonder who is he in her past life that her mind had buried, being just around him made her feel warm and at ease. He might be someone special to her, someone who cared about her. She didn't really realize how lonely she was until now.

Although, no matter how hard she tried to dug deep into her memories, the only memory she would remember in her deepest recollection is red - everything was bloody red. Everything stopped there and the rest are sealed by the darkness.

"Oh my~ you two look lovely together." Shinobu remarked as the Hashiras crowded the new wedded couple.

"Tch." Sanemi clicked his tongue in annoyance for not being the one who beheaded the demon.

"Ahhhh!" a certain love pillar suddenly screamed in joy as she run towards them.

"Love that bloomed in the battlefield!" she exclaimed with sparkling eyes that are full of hearts. "How romantic!"

"How flamboyant," Tengen praised, "Your wife is full of surprises, Rengoku."

"I pray for happiness and fortune in your new life of marriage, Rengoku." Gyomei blessed.

"Thank you, everyone." The Flame Hashira's smile grew brighter.

"Caw! Caw! Caw!" A certain crow suddenly let out an ear-piercing screech, catching everyone's attention.