Chapter 13: Their Moments Together

"What's on your mind?"

A feminine, monotone voice suddenly rang throughout the silence of the night, cutting Kyojuro's train of thoughts as he immediately snapped his head towards the snow-haired girl.

They locked eyes and Kyojuro's lips then slowly moved upwards as he beamed at her with his usual bright owlish smile.

"I was just thinking about our childhood." Kyojuro answered honestly, "Do you still remember when we first met?"

"No." Fuyuko bluntly replied as she approached their bed.

"My childhood memories are just dust and specs in my head." She added. "I apologize, I don't recall meeting you until now."

"I see..." Kyojuro's smile fell for a second before he beamed once again. "I understand though, it's been 12 years after all."

Fuyuko then sat down in her side of the bed, next to Kyojuro, who still has his smile while shifting his body to fully face her.

"You mentioned about our childhood." Fuyuko stated. "So, you're an acquaintance of mine."

"We're close friends." He gave her a close-eye smile.

Fuyuko didn't really believe him. How could they be friends if his clan are the sworn enemy and rival of her clan. The Kazahana bloodline hated Rengoku for centuries. However, she couldn't find any lies in his expression and tone, he is genuinely happy to see her.

Kyojuro suddenly felt cold fingers touch his cheek, he then opened his eyes to see Fuyuko's cold yet soft hand cupped the right side of his face while her deep azure eyes narrowed as she gazed at him.

"You look very familiar," Fuyuko stated. "yet, I can't remember you."

Kyojuro was surprise by her action but he didn't fail to notice the hint of sadness in her cold tone.

Fuyuko felt the warmth spread in her palm as she touched Kyojuro's face. She wants to remember him badly but her memories have already faded away. That frustrated her greatly, but why though?

In her heart she truly felt that the man in front of her is someone very special in her life.

She was about to retrieve her hand when Kyojuro suddenly grabbed hers, making Fuyuko halt. Like flames against her skin, her cold hand was then embraced with his warmth.

Kyojuro felt her distress despite her façade, so he gave her a reassuring squeeze in her hand as he leaned to her touch, and once again gave her a gentle smile. Even though she can't remember him, he remembered her clear as day. And now that she is finally here beside him, he will cherish every moment with her - every single moments just like this.

"It's alright," Kyojuro assured with his smile. "if you can't remember then let's just make new memories together, Fuyuko."

For the second time, Fuyuko's heart skipped a beat as her eyes widened a fraction, surprise of the words that this man in front of her told. Never have once she felt anyone appreciate her like he just did.

For years of loneliness where heart felt like it wasn't beating anymore, he finally came to her life. Somehow, she like this change, she finally felt more like a human than a cold ice.

Kyojuro then pulled Fuyuko close and pressed a kiss on her forehead. A simple gesture that shocked Fuyuko as a small blush creep into her pale cheeks, though she didn't push him away, she would never. Everything just felt right, and this will be the night that Fuyuko will never forget.

The bright sun of day slowly descended to the sky as dawn showered the land with blessed tangerine light accompanied by hues of pink strokes.

The early morning horizon is like a canvas of vivid colors with fluffy white clouds. It brings a sense of beauty and peace to humans while terror for the demons, who are afraid to burn under the warm sunlight. As a new morning rose for another day, Kyojuro woke up from his own slumber.