20: Reed

I wake to Simone's thoughts entering my head, a soft, sweet voice that is innocent and strong. We're mates...We did it...Now I can talk to him whenever I want. These make me smile into my pillow and want to pull her over for a kiss. But her next thought is, I wonder when I'll have a Luna Ceremony.

The bed shifts and I feel her get off and the bathroom door close. And I have the perfect idea for her birthday tomorrow. Thrain? Corey?

They respond immediately. Yes sir?

Tomorrow, spend the day setting up for the Luna Ceremony. I will take Simone out into town, so make sure everything is ready by sunset. Oh, and don't forget to make a cake.

A cake? Corey asked.

Preferably chocolate. She likes it.

It'll be done, Thrain said.

I sit up in time to see my mate step out of the bathroom and glance at me, only to continue staring, entranced. "How do you feel this morning?" I ask.

She shrugs and looks away. I just barely catch the smile curving her lips. "Good. Refreshed actually."

"Where are you going?"

"To grab juice," she says, and, in her head, I hear, To get away before I do something I might regret.

Once she's gone and I know she's downstairs, I burst into laughter and get dressed. Going downstairs, I see she's at the fridge and run up behind her, making her squeal as I spin us around. Her hands land on my arms and her head falls back as she giggles. I kiss her neck on the opposite side of the mark and breathe in her scent.

"Reed!" she cries out. "I almost dropped the milk!"

I stop spinning, but don't let her go. "We can get more if it gets spilled."

She giggles some more and turns in my arms, amber eyes flicking up to mine. "You're crazy!"

"For you maybe," I say, and she rolls her eyes.

"Can I go now?"

"No," I growl and pull her closer, kissing her neck right over her mark.

"Reed!" she gasps. "I need to eat!" I pull away and pout playfully. Simone giggles and kisses me. "After, then you can kiss me all you want."

I grin and kiss her once more before letting her go. "Hurry up, Beautiful. As much as I want you all day, I have people to meet today."

Simone does as she's told, and I go into the living room and lie down, closing my eye and listening to her thoughts as they float in and out.

He's crazy! Scaring the shit out of me and making me dizzy. I wonder if he noticed... I frown at the pause in her thoughts but then hear, Oh no! I almost forgot! Her chair scrapes and I hear her feet run up and into our bedroom most likely. My frown deepens, but don't get up.

I am lost in my own thoughts when I sense fear. I sit up and look around, but then a scream pierces the silence in the house, and I run upstairs. "Simone!"

"Reed!"

Something crashes and by the time I make it to the top of the stairs, she comes running into me. "Simone, what's wrong?" I hiss, putting my arms tightly around her.

Tears stream down her face and she continues to glance at the bedroom. "It's impossible!" she cries.

"What is? Simone, you need to talk to me."