The Other Team

"Hey, Phillips!" I smile as I kiss him.

"Hey, babe." He smiles. Phillip's had a game against the Sandlot boys today and asked me to come. I was hesitant but agreed because Phillip's was my boyfriend after all. I sit on the bleachers as they start their game. I was zoned out and before I knew it, people were screaming my name.

"Y/N! LOOK OUT!" I hear the tall tan boy scream. I get back into focus. I see the ball heading towards me.

"OH SHIT!" I scrammed to the side. Phillip's team starts laughing their asses off and I get embarrassed. Tears prick my eyes as I begin to pack up.

"Woah, woah, woah. Babe, where are you going?" Phillip's scoffs as he runs over to me.

"I'm leaving?" I scoff back.

"Oh, well, I love you," he smiles.

"Love you." I mumble before running out of the field.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in bed, reading a book. My brother, Jack, knocks on my door. "Someone's at the door, sis." He pokes his head in. I nod before placing my book down and walking downstairs.

(What Y/N is wearing)

I open the door, but to my surprise, it wasn't Phillip's is was... Benny?

"Hey," he smiles awkwardly. "Do you wanna play baseball with us?"

I was hesitant. "I- uh- sure!" I run upstairs and quickly change. I run back downstairs and grab my glove. "I'm ready!" I exclaim.

"Okay, let's go!" Benny exclaims excitedly. I giggle and start running with Benny. We arrive.

"Wait... you're Benny, right?" I smile. He nods. "I don't know if I should be here.." I mumble.

"You'll be fine, Y/N. The boys will love you!" He smiles.

"Oh, alright." I shrug. He leads me to the team.

"Hey, guys!" Benny exclaims. They all smile but they quickly drop as they see me. I shyly wave.

"You'd you bring her, Benny?" Four-eyes asks.

"Because. Besides, she's a lot better than you guys." Benny replies. I smile.

"Fine, fine." Another tall one says.

"Thanks, guys." I smile.

"Anytime!" The newest member exclaims. I giggle.

"Y/N, you're batting first, is that okay?" Benny hands me the bat. I nod, stepping up to home plate. I get into my stance. The pitcher goes into his windup and pitches the ball. I swing. Crack.

"Woah!" Benny gasps. I smirk and hand him the bat.