NYA

A/N This is my favourite chapter in this story. I had a lot of fun with the group's dynamic. And Kai, Jay, and Nya make such a fun trio. Also, there may be some Jaya... maybe. Don't get your hopes up. 

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy this one!

Nya could've done without the rollercoaster of emotions. She heard Jay call her (Happy) but wasn't able to find him (Worried). Then Lloyd informed her that Jay was in the clutches of a dragon (Fear). She tried to summon her dragon to save him but couldn't (Anger). Her view of the Bounty didn't allow her to see what was happening (Frustration). P.I.X.A.L. informed the team that Jay was safe (Relieved). But the moment Nya settled her anxiety, she watched her brother fall (More Anxiety). Then the Bounty's anchor dropped (Confusion). So many emotions in a few minutes!

P.I.X.A.L. had to explain the situation: Jay saved Kai by dropping the anchor. Which meant Kai and Jay were back in Okuura.

It was a mess. And the worst part: she was idle. If she was on the front lines, she'd help. Rather than listening to other people give reports on Jay's whereabouts, she'd be there. A dragon swooped down to where the anchor fell. Jay and Kai were in trouble.

"I'm going to get Jay and Kai," Nya said into her earpiece.

"Okay. Still haven't found Zane," Lloyd said.

Nya followed the dragon as it flew over the streets. She moved stealthily through the village, closing in on the dragon. She crouched in the shadow cast by the eaves of a house, listening to the sound of the dragon snort. She glanced around the corner and made eye contact with the fire dragon. It was right there. Nya pulled away suddenly pressing herself further into the shadow. She put her hands against the wall of the house.

The dragon had a rider. Someone using a vengestone chain to make the dragon do his will. Her mind began running scenarios trying to figure out how to free the dragon. The dragon stuck its head around the corner and growled at Nya.

"Ah, poor hiding spot, Jay," the rider said. The rider must've not seen Nya and assumed she was Jay. But the dragon didn't care who she was. Nya backed away, ready to sprint.

A flash of lightning struck the dragon. Jay! He was nearby. The dragon snapped his head towards the source. It lept away from Nya, towards the source of the lightning.

Nya leaned out, trying to catch a glance at anything blue. But she couldn't see anything.

A hand wrapped itself around her mouth. She jabbed her elbow into the stranger.

"Shh," Kai said. Nya glanced back. Kai snuck up on her. He retreated his hand, allowing her to speak again.

"What was that?" she whispered, "I could've hurt you!"

"I didn't want you to make happy noises when you saw me," Kai said.

"I think I could've controlled myself," Nya said dryly, "Where's Jay?" Kai stuck his nose in the air.

"I wanted to have a sibling reunion. We can't have nice moments because you're-"

Nya interrupted Kai, not wanting to hear about how much Kai didn't approve of Jay.

"Where is he?" Nya repeated, forsaking whispering. Kai put his hand on her mouth again.

"You're going to give away our hiding spot," he said. She already revealed her hiding spot.

 Nya licked his hand. Kai recoiled.

"Gross." Kai wiped his hand on Nya's gi.

"Answer my question," Nya said.