Chapter Sixteen

Sofia

The dress he sent me was not only stupid expensive but incredibly elegant and beautiful. It's not like I expected anything less from a man of Matteo's status and money. As soon as I saw the tag, I looked it up online.

Combined with the heels, purse, and other accessories he sent over; the entire outfit for this event probably cost more than thirty grand.

Who even had that kind of money on hand? I didn't.

It was ridiculous.

It was as if he knew I wouldn't enjoy him spending this much money on me because there was a note attached to the dress that read; you're too beautiful to not be spoiled, mia tesora.

The dress itself was a piercing silver-tone color that reminded me of his eyes. The long-sleeved silky-fitted fishtail gown dress had a sweetheart neckline, sequin embellishment, and sheer paneling.

It was floor-length, long, sophisticated.

It was so amicably detailed and chic that I felt almost strange and awkward wearing it as if it didn't belong to someone like me.

The heels were a pair of pointed black leather toe pumps with a mini crystal spike around the ankle tie strap.

The accessories were white gold diamond stud earrings and a white glittery leather Jimmy Choo clutch bag.

I still had to figure out how to style my hair and do my makeup and get into this dress before two. The packages arrived at nine in the morning sharp.

It was almost ten o clock and I realized that I'd been staring at everything in front of me for almost an hour.

It was insane. I've never in my life had a man buy me anything, especially an entire outfit that cost more than my entire damn apartment.

Then again, I've never been with a man as intimidating and as powerful as Matteo.

The first thing I had to do was head out to my salon appointment. I needed to get my brows done and get my hair redone.

I was a natural blonde, but I needed to get my roots redone red. I hated my blonde hair.

It was something I've always hated. My mother had blonde hair. I hated looking like her. I hated that we shared the same eyes. I hated her.

After getting home from my appointment, I took my time pampering myself before my shower.

Exfoliating, doing masks, shaving, then finally taking a long hot and steaming shower. I wrapped my hair in a towel to air-dry as I figured out what type of lingerie I wanted to wear.

Since the dress had a built-in bra, I didn't bother with one, but I did settle on a nice pair of white panties.

I took the towel off my hair and blowdried it quickly before taking out my makeup bag.

The dress needed its own moment, so I didn't want to go all out for my makeup. I did my skincare, massaging my skin with my tools so that my makeup stayed on perfectly.

I went with a neutral brown smoky eye with contour, highlight, and a bold red matte lip. I added some lashes and set my face with a matte spray.

There was a knock on my door, and I yelled come in.

"You need any help?" Alexis asked.

"Yes, just in time. Help me with the dress."

She took it off the rack and walked into the bathroom to help me. Undoing the buttons and the zipper, I slipped into it from the bottom.