Chapter Thirty-Three

Sofia

Mia, Alexis, and I were having the most fun together. Leonardo was with Matteo, so I tagged along with Felix and a few other guys that I didn't know.

Sebastian sent ten men to protect and guard Mia, so altogether, it was like a whole freaking party.

We grabbed coffee first together and then went shopping together. Matteo had left me his card with Felix with the note 'no limit, mia tesora, spend as much as you want'. Which prompted me to call him and gush over the phone with him.

I repeatedly told him that I didn't care about the money, that it didn't matter how much he made or how much I had, or any of that crap.

Like always, when it came to the subject of money, Matteo ignored me and did whatever he pleased.

After walking around and shopping and tossing the bags to the thirty men that tagged along with us, we stopped at a café for a quick bite to eat and catch up on everything happening in our lives.

Duke and Alexis were still going strong, and he had moved in with her since I had left the apartment.

Mia and Sebastian were trying to have a baby, so she blushed and giggled as she spoke about how much sex they were having round the clock.

I wasn't comfortable speaking about my sex life with Mia since it was her brother, but I did spare some details about how sweet and caring he was with me.

The three of us have been hanging out a lot lately, and even though Alexis and I were friends, it was nice seeing our friendship grow even more and spread out to Mia.

After we had finished shopping, we stopped by a café for a quick snack and another round of coffee before heading right back out to catch a movie at the cinema. Then lastly, my favorite part, steak, and wine.

I've been dreaming about the steak restaurant Matteo took me to, and I had called him earlier to make us a reservation.

The waiter walked us to a lovely table in the corner, secluded and intimate, so we could talk about whatever we wanted.

The thirty men that Matteo and Sebastian forced us to take with us were half guarding the outside of the restaurant and half guarding the corner we were in.

We each ordered our meals and appetizers along with salads and some wine.

"To good steak and getting drunk." I chimed as we tapped our wine glasses together.

"I'll drink to that," Alexis said.

"I love this place. Matteo brought me here once, and I fell in love with their food." I said as I took a sip of my drink.

"I've been here a few times with him and my mother." Mia pointed out.

My phone began to beep, and I reached for my purse to pull it out. "Speak of the Devil," I murmured as I showed them my screen. "Hi, baby," I answered.

"I miss you, mia tesora. Where are you guys now?"

I blushed. "Me too. We just got to Mastro's. Where are you?"

"I just got out of a meeting with some clients. I'm in my office. I'm supposed to go over some paperwork, but you are all I can think about. How am I ever supposed to get any work done?"

"Thinking about me is very hard work."

"Hard is right." His voice dropped low. "What if you were sleeping and I were to wake you up with my mouth on your cunt? Would that be okay, mia tesora?"