Childhood Friends - Roger

She slumped on the bed and groaned. When she didn't catch his attention, she shook a little and lightly kicked him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"I'm bored." She stared at the ceiling. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to read." He closed the book and looked back at her, twisting his torso to reveal a small bit of his toned stomach beneath his white blouse. 

"Sorry," She sat up, crossed her legs, and threw her hands in her lap. "I'll let you get back to it."

"Thanks." He smiled softly and turned around, opening up his book again.

They had known each other since they were 4 and had been inseparable since. He was madly in love with her, and she had no idea. 

She blew a long raspberry and threw herself back. "Can we go get dinner? Please?"

"The desperation in your voice." He laughed.

"Seriously Roger, I'm starving. I'm going with or without you. Your choice." She stood up and crossed her arms.

"Okay, okay, calm down." He threw his hands up in surrender. "What are you hungry for?" He grabbed their coats from the closet.

"Hm." She paused while Roger helped her put on her coat. "Fish and chips. Sound good to you?"

"Sounds fantastic." He smiled and opened the front door for her. 

They arrived at the pub around seven, it was already dark and the warm yellow lights were fuzzy under the fog. 

"Great weather we're having, hm?" She took a small sip of her beer and licked the foam mustache off her top lip. She popped a fry in her mouth and looked at Roger. "What's on your mind?"

"What?" Roger snapped back to reality and looked at her curiously. 

"What's on your mind? You looked deep in thought." She ate another fry and wiped her fingers on a napkin.

"Oh nothing, I'm just tired." He smiled softly.

"Don't do that to me, you know you can tell me what you're thinking about." She frowned.

He ate a fry and paused to look at her. She raised her eyebrows in question. Her beautiful face was cast with the warm yellow lighting, making her look like an angel. 

"I was thinking about you." He caught her eyes and stared intently.

"What about me?" She seemed flustered.

"How beautiful you are. How sweet you are." He smiled. "How impatient you are."

She laughed and a blush spread across her cheeks. 

"I was just thinking about how much I care about you." He shrugged nonchalantly. 

"That's very sweet of you to say, Roger." She smiled shyly and tried to cover the blush that was extremely evident across her cheeks. 

"You're very sweet." He took a sip of his water and smiled.

"Are you flirting with me?" She asked with a big innocent smile. 

He laughed and choked on his water. "You finally noticed?" He returned her big smile. 

"Oh, Roger! You know better than anyone that I'm oblivious to flirting!" She covered her face in embarrassment and laughed. "I wish you had said something sooner, we have a lot to catch up on."

"Oh?" He smiled, paid the bill, and got up. "Like what?" He helped her put on her coat.

They left the pub and walked down the dimly lit street. The air was cold and crisp, and the tips of their noses and cheeks turned pink. 

"You never answered my question." He brushed his pinkie along hers. 

"What question?" She turned and looked at him.

"What do we have to catch up on?" He continued walking.

"Wait!" She jogged to catch up to him. "Various things." She stifled a laugh.

"Various things?" He laughed and looked at her adoringly.

They reached the front door of her apartment and she searched for her keys in the mess of her purse. "Found it." She held the front door key triumphantly. She opened the door and set her coat and purse down. Roger sat on the couch with a sigh. She sat next to him and laid her arm across his shoulder, taking one of his curls and wrapping it around her index finger. 

"Roger?" 

"Hm?" He turned his head to her.

She took her free hand and held it to his face, lightly brushing her thumb across his cheek. She softly grabbed him by the chin and hovered her lips on his for a second before they barely brush. She softly pressed her lips to his and cradled his head. He brought his hand to her face and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. 

She pulled away and continued to play with the strand of his hair. "That was one of the various things." She smiled playfully.

"I can't wait to find out what the other things are." He quickly put his head in the curve of her neck and kissed it, leaving soft bites as he made his way to her collarbone. 

"I have a feeling you'll find out a couple more tonight." She laughed and kissed him.

He swiftly took her off the couch and brought her to the bedroom. He removed her shoes for her, then her stockings, then her pants, and finally her shirt. She lay on the bed, looking up at him in only her underwear. 

After they made love they lay in bed together and nuzzled each other.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." He whispered in her ear and then kissed her temple. 

"Me too, Roger. Me too." She smiled lovingly at him and brought his arm around her. They fell asleep intertwined with each other, absolutely and completely in love. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AGH! Is it too cheesy? Idk. I've been in such a writing slump and can't figure out scenarios for the life of me!! I also got to see the Who live, which was an incredible experience. Pete was so funny and talked to the audience the entire time. Which the audience- WHOO BABY. They were all sauced as fuck. There was this old white dude who was drunk and dancing up and down the aisles. Amazing show 10/10. And for any Beatles fans, I'm seeing Paul McCartney in May! I'm so excited. Much love xoxo, Alex