The One Where She's Fine

-Louisiana State University-
Leo's POV:

I was pretty excited to be in a college town as somewhat of a college student. I'd been taking online classes with Mission Creek State, as suggested by my mother. I'd also been helping watch Naomi a lot and do tons of work at the academy, so I was excited for a break...especially one where I got to spend the weekend with Janelle. 

Something that I didn't enjoy was going through the airport with Adam. It was like trying to take a 6 year old on a plane. He got distracted by everything, and even had to get a pat down in airport security. 

"I just don't understand why those security officers had to give me that third pat down." He said as we walked out of the airport in search of Delta's car. 

"Maybe because you said, I'm so ready for this bomb flight." I deadpanned. 

He shrugged, "I meant it as a term of excitement."

"Well, they didn't know that." I spotted Delta's car, "look, there's Del."

"Ooh, this car ride's about to be...fun." He emphasized. 

I rolled my eyes; it doesn't matter what he says now. We opened each door on the passenger side and climbed in, throwing our carry-ons in the back. 

"Hey, guys!" Delta smiled, excitedly. We greeted her back as she began to drive. "Okay, so before anything, I wanted to warn you. Zadie's here."

Both Adam and I laughed at her joke. "Thanks for the warning." I smiled, "I didn't know she was coming too this weekend."

"No, Leo. I didn't mean it as a joke. Z's been staying at my place for almost a week. She and Chase broke up."

"What?!" Adam and I questioned together. 

"Like, broke up broke up?" I clarified. 

Delta nodded, "she won't' tell me what happened either. She's kinda...gone off the deep end so just be kinda careful? Oh, and no couple-y stuff."

"Wait-hold up." I paused. 

"Yeah, that's not fair. Just because she and Chase broke up shouldn't mean-"

"I know, I know." She sighed, "But still, I feel bad. I don't know what happened, but whatever went down, had to be really bad."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I reluctantly agreed.

-Delta's Place-
Third Person's POV:

The door opened and Janelle was quick to greet Leo with a hug. Zadie, who sat at the kitchen counter, smiled and gave a half-hearted wave. "Hey guys."

"Hey Zadie." Leo smiled widely. "What's up? What are you doing here?" He faked. The two didn't know whether or not Zadie had wanted Delta to tell them what happened.

Zadie looked to Delta, then back to Leo, "She told you, didn't she?" She scoffed, "Eh, things happen. It's fine, I'm fine. I mean, really, I'm fine. A lot better now thanks to Del."

"And Vodka..." Delta mumbled. 

Janelle, who had walked out of her room mid-conversation, clapped her hands together, moving the conversation along, "so, I figured maybe we could all go to dinner at Kimari Sushi and then see where the night takes us?"

"I'm down for whatever. It's just nice to not be in Mission Creek or at the academy for once." Leo shrugged. 

"Cool. Kimari's is really good. Janelle and I go there all the time." Delta looked to Adam, "And they have other things besides sushi."