Chapter 34

I was worried for both Aang and Zuko as we searched through the thick blizzard. What was he thinking? Did he really think that he'll make it out of this storm alone with no help. Ugh. I scratched the back of my neck. Seriously what the heck. I kept thinking about what the spirit had told me, 'Believe in change'. What change? I bit my lip in desperation.

We stopped flying, Sokka and I got off to see if we could see any signs of Zuko or Aang. There was nothing, no trail, and even if there was it was snowing too much to notice. Katara looked at me with sad eyes. I felt guilty, I felt like a failure, again.

"Don't worry," Yue said,"Prince Zuko can't be getting to far in this weather,"

"I'm not worried they'll get away in this blizzard," Katara said looking away from her,"I'm worried that they won't,"

"They won't die out here," I said finally speaking up from my silence. 

"If we know anything, it's that Zuko never gives up," Sokka said,"They'll survive and we'll find them," Sokka added.

Suddenly in the dark a bright blue light shot into the sky, heading to the right of us.

"Look that's gotta be Aang!" Katara said pointing to the light

"Yip yip," I said as Sokka turned Appa. 

We headed towards the light. I jumped down once we landed to face Zuko again. He looked battered. Like at any moment he could just pass out. He tossed Aang to the side ready to fight.

"Here for a rematch?" Zuko asked.

"It won't be much of a match," I said fiercely. 

He shot fire which I put out sending a stream of pressure that he fell over and I slammed ice on him.  I walked closer. He was out. I actually ended up feeling bad for him. I was the only way to stop him but I actually didn't want to hurt him. It's weird. I wouldn't have been so easy on him if he was someone else threatening my family.

Sokka ran to untie Aang,"Hey, this is some quality rope," 

"Well then keep it," I said making Sokka stand up quickly. I didn't say it rudely but he knew we were short on time and I didn't want to waste anymore then we've already lost. 

For all we know Zhao's already within the walls of the Northern Water Tribe.

"We need to get to the oasis! the spirits are in trouble," Aang said

We all got on Appa but Aang looked back "Wait, we can't just leave him here,"

"Sure we can, let's go," Sokka said.

"No, if we leave him, he'll die," Aang said going back to get Zuko.

I wanted to agree with Sokka. For all the trouble Zuko had put us through he deserved to be stranded. I remembered back, to how he acted the entire time I spent with him, his anger is what fuel him, but is his anger for the world the anger is he really feels? Or is he trying to convince himself of something? I sat there conflicted. 

"Yeah this makes sense, let's being the guy whose constantly trying to kill us," Sokka said sarcastically.

I sighed. He betrayed the Fire Nation twice for his own vendetta. He was the Blue Spirit, and the Fire Nation came to get Aang but destroyed the North Pole in the process but Zuko wanted to capture Aang himself. I was confused but I also kind of understood.

As we headed back to the Northern Water Tribe I stared at Zuko's cuts and bruises. Clearly a lot of the damage wasn't from the water I threw at him. I sighed keeping my eyes on him when suddenly the sky became reddened and I saw the moon a dark shade of red. I felt a bit dizzy for a brief moment. 'Change' echoed in my head. Is this the change? What am I supposed to do then?!