CHAPTER 15

THIRD PERSON POV

Y/N, Sasuke and Naruto were all stuffing their faces. 

"Boy, this is real fun! I can't remember the last time I had meal with so many people" Tazuna remarked as he watched the three devouring their food.

"More Please" Y/N, Sasuke and Naruto said in Unison as they glared at each other as Sakura looked muddled. "Ugh"

Sakura nagged as she pointed a finger at the trio "Stop eating if you are gonna just hurl it back up!"

"No" Y/N muttered as her competitive spirit grew looking at Sasuke and Naruto.

"No I wanna eat" Sasuke said wiping his mouth not backing down either.

"Because even if we make ourselves sick to do it, we have to eat if we want to get strong" Naruto commented with a determined gaze.

'Whatever it takes! Throwing up is however an entirely different situation' Kakashi deadpanned and Sakura sweat dropped

Looking around Sakura stood up and pointed at a picture "Um, why is this picture torn?  Inari kun was looking at this the whole time we were having dinner. Someone's face is completely gone. Is that deliberate?"

All three looked down as the rest waited curiously wondering before Tazuna started speaking "It was a picture of Inari's Father. Our entire city called him a Hero once."

Instantly Inari stood up and slammed the door as he got into his room. Anger visible in his face which masked a different emotion.

Tsunami scolded as she looked at her Father "Father, I have told you time and again not to mention that in front of my son"

Sakura nervously looked "So...you are talking about what it is that makes Inari act so strangely"

Y/N blankly looked at Sakura 'You shouldn't meddle in other people's business'

"It looks like there is a story there..." Kakashi said sensing the tense situation between Tazuna and Tsunami who looked at each other silently.

Tazuna nodded "The man in the picture was not Inari's birth father. But they were as close as any biological father and son could have been. Inari was such a happy, laughing child back then" 

Tazuna started sobbing as he resumed "But one day Inari changed after what happened to his father"

Everyone looked curiously at Tazuna to continue as he stopped as Kakashi asked "What happened? What was it that changed Inari so much?"

Tazuna then started described about his father named Kaiza and him being called hero and how he had saved Inari from drowning and how Gato came and put Kaiza to death in front of the entire city.

One time, Inari's dog Pochi, was stolen by the bully . As Akane, the bully lost interest in Pochi, he threw Pochi into the sea. When Inari hesitated to go in and save him, Akane pushed him in as well. Luckily, Kaiza saved Inari from drowning. Kaiza took a fatherly role in Inari's life and even became close to Tsunami. When put Kaiza to death, Inari changed. He became a sad and angry boy, with little hope or optimism. He blamed Kaiza for what had happened, believing that he, in dying, had broken his promise to protect the land.

Everybody widened their eyes shock still written over their face before Y/N changed her expression to her stoic face.

'How foolish! If he had ever seen what I witnessed I suppose he would have taken is own life. If he was betrayed by his so called father I wonder how would he feel. At least he still has other people to care for him'  Y/N thought sarcastically as she glared down at the floor and suddenly stood up and left.