CHAPTER 30

THIRD PERSON POV

Under the gentle rays of sunlight streaming into the hospital room, Y/N stirred, emitting a soft, pained groan as her consciousness gradually returned. 

The warmth from the sunlight added a soothing touch to the otherwise clinical atmosphere, creating a juxtaposition of the outside world's vitality against the solemnity of a medical setting.

Startled, Y/N sat up with a jerking motion, her senses immediately alert. The hospital room greeted her with its familiar surroundings, but her attention was quickly drawn to the vacant bed beside her.

Traces of Sasuke's chakra lingered in the air, indicating his recent presence. As her gaze scanned the room, she realized it was completely empty, devoid of any other occupants.

Just as her confusion began to settle, Sasuke materialized before her, his signature presence filling the room. 

His expression was a mix of irritation and relief. "You have some nerve keeping me wait for so long," he stated, his tone laced with a hint of annoyance.

Y/N's eyes widened, momentarily caught off guard by Sasuke's abrupt entrance. 

However, a smirk played on her lips as she retorted, not willing to back down. Her voice still raspy from her awakening but her reserved facade still intact. "Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Impatience. Did my unconscious state inconvenience you?" she retorted, her voice calm and controlled, with a hint of sarcasm.

Sasuke's gaze narrowed, a rare flicker of amusement dancing in his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself," he replied, attempting to maintain his composure. "I was merely checking on your progress. You took longer to wake up than expected."

Y/N rolled her eyes, the tension between them easing. "Well, I'm glad to disappoint your punctuality. But I'm fine now, so you can stop pretending to be concerned."

Sasuke's lips quirked into a small smirk, his demeanor softening. "You know me too well, Y/N. Can't hide anything from you."

Y/N's lips tugged upwards slightly, appreciating the honesty in his words. "I'd hope not," she replied, her voice gentle yet sincere. "After all this time, if you could still hide things from me, I'd be disappointed."

As Y/N stood up and began removing the medical equipment, Sasuke instinctively reached out to lend a helping hand. However, he couldn't help but be amused by her determined struggle and the slight comical expressions she made while trying to free herself.

"You really don't like being confined, do you?" he remarked with a hint of amusement, a faint smile playing on his lips.

She shot him a glare. "You noticed, huh?" Y/N replied sarcastically, finally managing to detach one of the monitoring devices with a calm and determined demeanor. "I've never been a fan of hospitals and all these peculiar medical instruments"