Chapter- 16 arguments

Megha's POV

"Because... I missed you...," he whispered in my ear, which made me smile immediately.

"So, you came back because you missed me?" I asked again to confirm.

"Yeah," he responded.

"Sleep now. We will talk in the morning. Good night," he said, caressing my hair.

"Good night," I mumbled and snuggled more into him, and closed my eyes.

I woke up in the morning like every day. When I wanted to stretch my body, something was stopping me. I turned my head lazily to see what was stopping me and found myself in a firm grip of my husband. Yeah. he came back last night, right?

I saw his handsome face, messy hair. He is holding me like his life is dependent on me. I ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead, then I gently removed his hand from my waist and came out from his arms, as I have to pee.

'Yeah, it is more urgent than being in your husband's arms,' my subconscious mocked.
'Yes, it is,' I replied.

I did my morning business and went to the gym to do exercise. After that, I meditated for some time. When I opened my eyes, there sat my handsome husband looking at me.

"Ahh, you startled me," I exclaimed, hugging my knees to my chest.

"Sorry, my dear wifey," he said with a slight smile, and I gave him the brightest smile possible.

He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it gladly and stood up from the floor. He hugged me tightly as soon as I stood up on my feet. I smiled as I wrapped my hand around his waist, hugging him. We stood there like that for a few minutes.

"How have you been?" He asked softly as he loosened his grip on me.

"I am fine. Let me see you," I commented and started inspecting him. He stood there silently, staring at me, amused.

"You have dark circles and your face is also tired. You lost some weight. Aren't you eating properly? Come on, go and freshen up. I will prepare breakfast for you," I remarked after inspecting him from head to toe.

"Ok, but before that I want a reward for coming early," he whispered huskily in my ear and a shiver ran down my spine.

"And what do you want?" I asked, covering my shivering.

He smirked and cupped my cheeks leaning to my level and slammed his lips on mine taking me off-guard. He dragged me close to him by holding my waist and I tiptoed to reach his height but before I kissed him back, we heard the door sound along with Arjun's voice.

"Megha, I am searching for... sorry... sorry", Arjun turned around as soon as he saw us.

I took a step back from Karthik as I saw Arjun's disappearing figure.

"He left shall we continue?" he asked and I glared at him saying 'No.'

.
.
.

"Princess, only you can make this much delicious food," Arjun praised me as we were having breakfast.

I smiled at him as I served more on his plate. We have a noisy breakfast with Arjun bickering and Karthik's tantrums.

Then I went to our room and got ready, wearing black suit. I tied my hair in a high pony, wore a watch and put on some lipstick and mascara.

"You are going too early today", Karthik remarked, coming from behind, as I was looking in the mirror.

"Yeah, today I have a meeting about the hotel project", I said and he raised his eyebrows.
"I mean I am going to exhibit our design for a hotel and there is high competition."