Chapter- 25 dinner?

Karthik's POV

I was working but I am missing my wife. Today we don't even have any meetings together, but I want to see her. I am behaving like a fucking teenager now, ugh.

Without thinking much, I texted her, "are you busy?"

"Yeah, I have a meeting with the financial team and then with a foreign client about business expansion," she replied to my text immediately.

"Ok, carry-on," I texted back.

This time, she called me.

"Karthik, are you okay? Do you have anything to say?" she asked softly as picked up the call.

How come every time she knows how I am feeling?

"Nothing, Megha, I am fine," I replied, slowly.

"No, you have something. Tell me, what is it?" She asked again to confirm.

"Ok, I will tell you at home. I will come home early today," I said, accepting defeat as I know she can easily guess if I lie.

"Ok, I will cook your favorite food then," she said gently.

She is a CEO of a reputed company but still likes to cook at home. I can't predict her ever.

"Have you had your lunch?" she asked after a small pause.

"Yeah, you?"

'Miss Sehari, you have to attend the meeting now. They all are waiting for you.' I heard I think it's her assistant, Sakshi.

"Yeah, coming," she replied to her.

"Ok Karthik, I have to go now. Bye, take care and I... I will wait for you at home," she completed and disconnected the call.

"Someone is missing his wife," Arjun teased me as soon as I disconnected the call.

"When did you arrive?" I raised my eyebrow.

"When you are thinking of calling her," he replied playfully.

"So, you heard everything?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Clearly. But I cannot hear my sister," he chuckled, and I threw a file at him.

"Cool Sid, I am here to talk about business and Shyam is also coming," he informed and there entered Shyam.

"You both never knock on the door before coming to my office," I hissed.

Ignoring me, Shyam also settled on the chair beside Arjun.

Arjun and I have been friends since childhood, and Shyam met us when we were in college and we became best friends. And then my sister and Shyam loved each other.

I know my friend, he will treat her well so I didn't have any objection to their marriage, but my parents and his parents opposed because my sister is older than him by 2 years. But Arjun and I convinced all of them.

Finally, they got married a year ago.

After bickering over each other for a good five minutes, we discussed business and then they left and I was engrossed in work till 8 pm.

Oh, shit, I told her I will go home early, but what have I done? Cursing me mentally, I wrapped my work and walked out of my office.

Bhushan waiting for me to drive me home. I sat on the backseat and he started the car. I was too tired today, so I closed my eyes to relax.

After half an hour, the car stopped in front of my home and I went inside without uttering a word.

Megha is waiting for me in the living room, sitting on the couch, working on her laptop. Sensing my presence, she closed her laptop and looked at me and our eyes met in the air. She gave me a heart-warming smile, and all my tiredness was gone and I felt at peace.

I glanced at the clock, which shows 9 pm. She followed my vision and looked at the clock, then at me.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

I never apologized to anyone this many times, but to her, I am apologizing hundreds of times.

"It's ok, Karthik," she gave me a side hug. "Come, we will have dinner. As I said, I cooked your favorite food."

I made her wait while she came home early for me." Megha I--" before I could complete, another voice disturbed me and that was Bhushan.

"Are you still here?" I asked as I thought that he left.

"Sir, you dropped your phone in the car, so I came back to give it to you," he said, forwarding my phone to me.

"Oh, thank you Bhushan," I remarked as I took my phone from his hand.

When Bhushan was about to go, Megha stopped him.

"Bhushan, have you had your dinner?" She asked him.

"No, mam. I will go and have it now," he replied politely.

"Then come and eat with us," she said to him.

She wins everyone's heart with this kindness.

"No, mam thank you," he declined politely.

"Don't worry, Bhushan, I am not an awful cook and your boss doesn't say anything, so you don't have to worry about him too," she chuckled.

He stood there awkwardly, unable to reject her, and looked at me. I nodded at him then he said ok.

Aunt Nirmala placed the dishes on the table and started serving. Megha sat beside me while Bhushan sat opposite us. We started eating and as she said; she cooked all my favourites.

"Are you married, Bhushan?" she asked while eating.

"No, mam", he replied.

"Girlfriend?"

"No, mam," he coughed, nervously.

"Why?"

"Ok, ok for that. You need to have enough time to give her, but your workaholic boss doesn't give that, right?" she stated, and Bhushan coughed awkwardly.

"Megha," I called, and she bit her tongue playfully.

I can't understand this woman. Sometimes she acts more mature than me and sometimes she acts like a 4-year-old child.

After dinner, Bhushan thanked Megha and went back.

We both came back to our room and settled on the bed and started talking about random things.

"Karthik, is there something you wanted to tell me?" she asked suddenly.

"Yeah, actually... Umm, are you free this Wednesday?" I asked hesitantly.

"What? Why?"

"I wanted to take you to dinner, so?" I stopped.

"Dinner?" She raised her eyebrows and sat straight, looking at me.

"Yeah, dinner," I replied nervously.

"Oh, someone wants to take me to dinner then." She grinned playfully, and I smiled awkwardly.

"Ok, let me ask Mr. Williams about my schedule. just a minute," she said, and grabbed her phone then called her assistant.

"He said, I have meetings till 5pm and then I am free, so is it ok for you?" She asked after talking on the phone.

"I am ok," I replied immediately.

"Aww, eager, aren't we?" she commented playfully.

***

Aww, someone is going on a date... 😍 Are you guys excited?

How is the update?? Tell me in comments ❤

💜💜