Chapter- 47 surgery

Megha pov

I came home yesterday and I really miss my husband so much. I am missing his warmth beside me, his teasing remarks and his lovely conversation.

I came to office in a sulky mood and attended few meetings.
At afternoon I received a call from my mom's number and it broke my heart in to million pieces and my world turned upside down.

It's shoba, our maid who called me. She told me that my mom fainted and not waking up. She called ambulance and on the way to hospital.

I leaving Mr. Williams to attend remaining meetings on my behalf rushed to hospital. Neeraj drove me to hospital while saakshi followed me.

Shoba took mom to Saradhi hospital and I directly reached there. I ran in to hospital searching for my mom.

"Mam", I heard shoba.

"Where is mom?", I asked hurriedly controlling my tears.

"She is in emergency ward they are checking on her", she informed me and I rushed towards emergency ward.

Standing in front of the emergency ward I don't know what to do. Tears broke from eyes which I am controlling.

After half an hour doctor came out from the emergency ward.
"Is my mom alright", I asked hurriedly.

"Miss. Sehari please control yourself.
She needs surgery in an hour. I will tell you details once I discuss with head doctor", she informed and I understood the emergency of the situation.

With so much effort I bring myself up and went to meet doctor but what I heard there broke me again.

"We can't afford to operate her Sanvi just ask Miss. Sehari to transfer her mom to another hospital which has more specialists".

"What are you talking dr. Vikas and Director why aren't you saying anything. She needs surgery right away if not she will die", dr. Sanvi growled and I am hearing it from outside with tears.

"Doctor. Sanvi, why don't you understand she is miss. Sehari's mother. If something happens to her while doing surgery then hospitals prestige will be gone", another one said.

"I will talk to her and I will explain her clearly", dr. Sanvi said to them.

"Even if she agrees we can't take the responsibility", dr. Vikas said cunningly.

"I will take all the responsibility of the patient as I am the one who is operating her", dr. Sanvi replied loudly.

"If something happens to her then I will cancel your doctor licence", director threatened her.

"Fine then I will save her for sure", she replied confidently and came out from the chamber.

I walked few steps away and my tears flowing from my eyes endlessly.

"Miss. Sehari, I have something to discuss with you come to my cabin", she said and took me to her cabin.

"First of all control yourself and hear me clearly", she said and given me the water bottle.

I wiped my tears and drank the water then made myself calm to hear her.

"Ok miss. Sehari, Your mom needs surgery right now and it's a complicated one", she said and I nodded.

"Now I will be honest, she is in serious condition if we don't operate her in one hour she will die. You can try to take her to another hospital with more specialists and all but the thing is this surgery only has 50% chances. Even specialists or me the surgery only has 50% chances and she needs surgery in one hour".

"So decide whether you will take chance with me Or will you take her to the other hospital in one hour", she explained.

She didn't told me about the challenge she took on the director office, she is such an angel.

"Can you save her", I asked her in a broken voice.

"As a doctor I am confident and I will try my best to save her but you have to be ready for bad news also as the surgery is complicated one and it only has 50% chances", she said calmly.

I thought for a moment, when she can bet on her career just to save my mom then can't I trust her?
"dr. Sanvi I trust you. Please go on and operate her. I believe you can save her", I said and she nodded and stood up from the chair to go.

She patted my back assuringly. "Stay strong and trust me and your mom. Moms are strongest so your mom will surely come back to you.. for you", she said softly and I am grateful to her.

She is a pure soul.

I need someone to lean on. I feel helpless now. I wanted to cry, wanted to cry badly but there is no one and Karthik is not here. In that weak moment I heard a voice and my head snapped towards the source as my tears sliding down from eyes.

That's my best friend Nidhi.
"Megha", she called and engulfed me in a bare hug.
I hugged her and cried in her embrace.

"Nidhi, they said mom is in critical condition and she only has 50% chances. I don't know what to do", I sobbed on her embrace.

"Megha cool down nothing happens to mom. She will be alright, ok", she said softly patting my back.

Other than our family it's only a friend who can come to you when you are in need. I need a person to lean on now and she came like an angel.

Arjun came to the hospital while we were waiting outside the operation theatre.
"Princess", he called me and I looked at him with tears.
He didn't said anything but held me in his embrace caressing my head.

Uncle Roy, maa, Anjali di and brother Shyaam with aunt dhamini came to the hospital even Rekha and Jashwanth also came. I thought I was alone but really not. I have my family and my husband who loves me and then my best friend who is always a step ahead to support me.

Nurses and junior doctors running here and there and they were tensed.

"Is she okay", I asked one of nurses not able control the urge.

"Operation is ongoing but the patient is in critical condition", she said and ran in to the operation theatre.

My tears has no end.. I am broken I don't let anything happen to my mom. She has to live, she has to witness my success, she has to saw my so called father's fall.

With tears anger serged on me thinking who made her like this. It's her so called husband who hit her with hockey bat in past and it caused blood clot on her brain. His anger cost my mom's life.

6 hours completed but they still operating her, my thumping heart never letting me calm down.

As Nidhi consoling me while I am crying, operation theatre door got opened and doctor Sanvi walked out with dull face... And my hope died....

***
Hey guys❤

How is the update??

guys we have came so far only few chapters left to complete so what do you think about this story?? Is it worth? Tell me in comments.. ❣️

💜💜